Lisbon

we are visiting Lisbon at the end of April and was planning to use the HOHO but they have very poor reviews on tripadvisor so wondered in anyone had used them here or any other ideas. I know there will be quite a few cruises passengers visiting that day as one of the large Costa ships is in

we are visiting Lisbon at the end of April and was planning to use the HOHO but they have very poor reviews on tripadvisor so wondered in anyone had used them here or any other ideas. I know there will be quite a few cruises passengers visiting that day as one of the large Costa ships is in

There are 2 HOHO services in Lisbon. The one that goes from the cruise port is by far the least interesting going round and round the science park and up to the airport. The second service (Belen route) goes from the main square - a 10-15 minutes walk left from the port and is a much more interesting route.

The second time we docked in Lisbon we used the local trams (think San Francisco style) which were great fun and took us to parts of the city we would never have seen otherwise.

Tuk Tuks - a great way to see the city - are also available for hire immediately outside the cruise terminal at a much lower price than if booked on board.

By the way, there are 2 docking areas in Lisbon so you need to know which your ship will berth at; we have always been on smaller ships so I cannot speak for the larger port

Edited by campolady

We did a Turk tuk tour and it was great. Small electric vehicle. Not sure who we used but Google it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

thanks for replys, I was going to do the tram but was put off by reports of long waits to get on board often more than an hour. - frustrating when you only have a limeade time. ? Any idea of the cost of the tuktuk if hied at the port.

There are many excellent licensed guides in Lisbon, which has a rich and complex history deserving far more than a HOHO bus could ever provide. This is one area where "you get what you pay for."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks for replys, I was going to do the tram but was put off by reports of long waits to get on board often more than an hour. - frustrating when you only have a limeade time. ? Any idea of the cost of the tuktuk if hied at the port.

We didn't queue for any of the trams we used - in fact on a couple we were the only people on board - but we didn't try to board any at the main square where queues are much more likely or do the typical tourist routes.

Think the port Tuk Tuks were 60 Euros last May - some took up to 4 people so very good value if you share with another couple..

Thanks for replys.I am trying to work out which of the many options is best for us to have an enjoyable day. My Husband is registered blind with a little "misty"eyesight which limits us a Bit although he is happy for me to enjoy the views etc.! Its a city I have wanted to visit for years and we were due to spend a week based there last year.We were flying Monarch and there the holiday was cancelled.I know I cannot hope to have the same experiences as we would have had I just need to get an intinery together that we can both do without too much hassle.This is the only POC on the trip that I am uncertain what to do - not helped by the fact as I can't find out where we are berthed.Anyideas much appreciated.

We did the “Pirate Tour” for cruise ship passengers from the company “We Hate Tourism Tours”.

It seems like a crazy name for a tour, but our driver/guide was fantastic. Took us to see much in the city the north to 2 interesting locations and the coastal road back to Lisbon. Lunch in a non tourist local restaurant was included plus he stopped and got the creamy dessert Lisbon is noted for to try before going back on ship.

Looks very intresting.?We are only 2 and their website states party size of 6? Do they find the others. Also did you felelyou saw enough of Lisbon as a lot of the tour was outside the city

They will form a group of 6. They had a sign right after we came down the gangway and directed us to our van and driver.

We had our own group of 4, because I was bringing the scooter I had rented for cruise. We paid for 6 even though there were 4 of us, so I could bring the scooter.

I felt like we got a great flavor for the city and the area and it’s history. You could email them to see how groups are formed.

I did see the tuktuk tours lined up to pick up passengers.

They would probably be fun if you want to just stay in the city.