Trip to St Barth's

jst4fun715

Has anyone done the excursion to St Barth's from St Martin? I just saw this one on the Royal Caribbean excursions but haven't heard anyone talk about it. It only includes getting to St Bath's, but from then, you are on your own. I think I would like to see another island, but not sure what there is there. Any information would be appreciated.

jst4fun715;

I took a peek at Royal Caribbean's website to see what they offered.

I can tell you that it's a GREAT price for the Rapid to St. Barths at $79.

The book direct price is $90 pp.

This is a new service that started up earlier this year and must be a special charter for Royal Caribbean, because their scheduled times don't seem to match up for a 3:30 trip duration.

St. Barths has beaches and restaurants and shopping -- expensive French shopping, probably even higher scale (more expensive) than Marigot. Those shops usually close mid-day.

You can take a taxi tour or rent a car or shop or eat, and there's even a very unique "Shell" beach within walking distance of the port, but it's a WALK.

Check out this site for some good St. Barths information.

If you've been to St. Maarten before and just want to see another island, you might consider Anguilla, which is closer, cheaper and faster to get to. They offer mostly beaches and beach food, but you can also find high-end restaurants if that's what you're looking for.

We've been to St. Barths 5 or 6 times, and have been visiting St. Maarten since 1981. If you have any more specific questions, let them fly.

Thanks for the information. I have been to St Martin twice before. The first time DH and I did the America's Cup regatta and had a great time. Last year, we hired a private taxi for a tour of the island and again had a great time. This year, it will be strictly "girls" and I was looking for something other than beaches since our itinerary doesn't have that many ports and one of them is Coco Cay. I had checked the price for the Rapid express over there on our own and found the same thing you did...higher than the ship. If we do this, we will definitely go throught the ship just in case any thing goes wrong!:eek: I do have two more questions. Can you just do a private taxi tour of the island like on most? And is the island as scenic as the others? Thanks so much for the information.

You can certainly do a taxi tour, but it's not like St. Maarten or St. Thomas where there will be a huge line of taxis waiting. I'm not sure if a full ferry arriving would overwhelm them or not, but I'd try to hop off quickly, just in case.

The island is lovely. Ed and Sandra, who we know only on-line, have some great pictures and a great trip report on their website.

gtaylor,

Thanks so much for the information. Don't know yet if this is what we will do, but sounds like fun to see another island rather than staying on one we have been to twice before. And thanks for the like to the other site about the excursion to St Barth's...the pictures and the commentary were great.

Archived