Traveling with children; Jewel of Rhapsody?

Hello :)

I am considering booking a cruise in the Mediterranean next summer. We will be 3 people traveling, where the youngest is a girl of 7 years at that time. The alternatives this time are Jewel or Rhapsody. I have not traveled with any of them before. Can anyone tell me how these are for children? Is one ship better than the other? More things to do? Or will it be the same?

And how will they be for us adults?

Lars

Thank you for your reply Joe12:)

That's what I thought too, but thought it was okay to check with the expertise in here:)

Funnily enough, our first cruise was Jewel with a 7 year old! I think the kids pool was the reason we preferred Jewel over Enchantment (same class as Rhapsody), although we probably won't do either again now that we are used to the Oasis Class.

Funnily enough, our first cruise was Jewel with a 7 year old! I think the kids pool was the reason we preferred Jewel over Enchantment (same class as Rhapsody), although we probably won't do either again now that we are used to the Oasis Class.

I have tried Oasis and Harmony, and I would definitely like to try Symphony. But since we have already booked a cruise with Anthem in January, the cruise next summer (if we book it), must be somewhat less expensive. Also, we would like to try some of the older, smaller ships as well :)

• 3 weeks later...
I have tried Oasis and Harmony, and I would definitely like to try Symphony. But since we have already booked a cruise with Anthem in January, the cruise next summer (if we book it), must be somewhat less expensive. Also, we would like to try some of the older, smaller ships as well :)

I'm in love with the older, smaller ships. They just have so much charm and class. The small ships I believe have the best itineraries as they can get into the smaller ports. The fellow cruisers onboard the smaller ships are great as well - intimate relationships and always running into people we've met earlier in the cruise. Give them a try - I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Thanks Host Clarea :)

That sounds good :)

It is Jewel who is most tempting to try, but I liked Rhapsody's itineraries.

I'd say the two ships are more alike than different. They both have had similar upgrades over the years. Sure, the self-leveling pool tables which are cool, but if I liked the Rhapsody's itinerary better, then I'd go on her.

Aloha,

John

I'm in love with the older, smaller ships. They just have so much charm and class. The small ships I believe have the best itineraries as they can get into the smaller ports. The fellow cruisers onboard the smaller ships are great as well - intimate relationships and always running into people we've met earlier in the cruise. Give them a try - I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

I agree---some of our very best cruises were on Legend and Splendour and Disney's Magic