Is there a standard port for Explorer of the Seas in Juneau?

maweberpa

I tried searching the forums and google more generally, but couldn't find this answer. Does Explorer of the Seas have a pier in Juneau that it typically docs at or is it just what's available when we arrive? We just rented a car from Juneau Car Rental and I'm trying to gage how far of a walk we'll have. If we happen to be at the furthest pier is there a way to pick up the car and then drive back to a spot closer to the boat? We're traveling with my parents and they may not be up for the 1.5 mile walk.

Thanks!

We just booked with Juneau Car Rental for May 2018. I've got my fingers crossed Explorer will continue docking at ADJ next year as well. The girl I spoke with said that it has docked there all year. I've also heard about a shuttle from the other ports to ADJ, but can't find much on it anywhere. I'm not sure when they release the actual dock locations for next year, right now the schedule is up but does not include the docks.

There is also a shuttle that runs from the dock right to the transport area in Juneau - 5$ pp for the day, thus avoiding the 1.5 mile walk. They ran frequently and were never full after the first morning rush.

Just what I had been searching for! Thank you.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep checking the link to see when the 2018 locations are released. Good to know the shuttle provides a back-up plan if the location changes.

Stumbled upon this Cruise Compass link. It mentions a shuttle from the dock for $4 all day.

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/2016_06_03_explorer.rotated?ff=true&e=2025714/36467801

Edited by SSuitepea
Added info

I am pretty sure that Explorer will continue to use the AJ dock next year. It is the farthest dock from the shopping area and between the size of the ship and RCL's lower priority than others it is pretty certain they will stay there.

Not sure where you pick up cars but it is very reasonable for one person to go get the car and then drive pack to the pier to pick up others.