Reflection AQ Cabin Layout

Tristesse

I'd be grateful for information as to the bed/bathroom layout in any AQ cabin aft of the hump on Deck 11 (preferably on both port and starboard sides), so we can work out which cabins have our preferred layout.

Many thanks.

Are you looking at an A1 or A2?

For the A1's, look at the deck plans and seek out Stateroom 1620 on the Starboard side (It's right next to the RS). That stateroom has the bed by the bath. From there, they alternate bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc.

On the Port side, 1605 has the bed by the balcony. Then you can count every other cabin.

The A2's up forward, 1550 on the Starboard side has the bed by the bath. 1545 on the Port side has the bed by the balcony. Now count forward. Every other one will change.

The A2's back aft, 1644 on the Starboard side has the bed by the balcony, and 1621 on the Port side has the bed by the bath. Now, you have to do the math. :D

Hope that helps.

For the A1's, look at the deck plans and seek out Stateroom 1620 on the Starboard side (It's right next to the RS). That stateroom has the bed by the bath. From there, they alternate bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc.

On the Port side, 1605 has the bed by the balcony. Then you can count every other cabin.

The A2's up forward, 1550 on the Starboard side has the bed by the bath. 1545 on the Port side has the bed by the balcony. Now count forward. Every other one will change.

The A2's back aft, 1644 on the Starboard side has the bed by the balcony, and 1621 on the Port side has the bed by the bath. Now, you have to do the math. :D

Hope that helps.

That's excellent - thanks a lot!

It's usually a personal preference. We prefer to have the bed by the bath as it gives us the feeling of more space when you can include the balcony in your seating/entertaining area. We usually have a few people over for drinks pre dinner and this works out much better for us. Other people like the bed by the balcony as they feel it gives them more room to dress.

Thank you very much! I'm happy with my room (1575) being near the bathroom... I always thought it would be nice near the balcony but you had a great point with more room if I have new friends over for drinks :)

We are going on the Reflection on Nov. 16 of 2013. We had booked an Aqua Class A1 cabin and put the down our deposit. We ended up with cabin 1628 on deck 11.

Then, Celebrity called our travel agent and said the deck plan on their website is not 100% accurate as it was made out before The Reflection was complete, and, several Aqua Class cabins are going to be changed to Concierge Class cabins, and some Concierge Cabins are going to be changed to Aqua Class cabins.

This is not a real big deal, but very confusing. Because of this change, Celebrity told my travel agent that our cabin 1628 that was an Aqua A1 cabin is going to become a Concierge cabin in the near future. Thus, they moved us to cabin 1618.

Again, not a huge problem, but for curiosity, I would love to know if that cabin is still OK? The 1628 cabin looked like it was not on an angle as much as 1618 looks. According to Celebrity, the reason for the change in room classifications is because they feel if someone wants an Aqua Class cabin, they must want to spend money in the spa, thus, they want the Aqua Class cabins as close to the spa as possible.

Any comments, thoughts, or advice would be welcome. And, if anyone has any thoughts on our new cabin of 1618 would be helpful.

We are going on the Reflection on Nov. 16 of 2013. We had booked an Aqua Class A1 cabin and put the down our deposit. We ended up with cabin 1628 on deck 11.

Then, Celebrity called our travel agent and said the deck plan on their website is not 100% accurate as it was made out before The Reflection was complete, and, several Aqua Class cabins are going to be changed to Concierge Class cabins, and some Concierge Cabins are going to be changed to Aqua Class cabins.

This is not a real big deal, but very confusing. Because of this change, Celebrity told my travel agent that our cabin 1628 that was an Aqua A1 cabin is going to become a Concierge cabin in the near future. Thus, they moved us to cabin 1618.

Again, not a huge problem, but for curiosity, I would love to know if that cabin is still OK? The 1628 cabin looked like it was not on an angle as much as 1618 looks. According to Celebrity, the reason for the change in room classifications is because they feel if someone wants an Aqua Class cabin, they must want to spend money in the spa, thus, they want the Aqua Class cabins as close to the spa as possible.

Any comments, thoughts, or advice would be welcome. And, if anyone has any thoughts on our new cabin of 1618 would be helpful.

Yes, I heard about that section of cabins they turn into Concierge Class. It seems they put Concierge showers in them. Not to worry, 1618 is a great cabin, great location, and larger balcony. If 1628 were AQ, 1618 is a better cabin in my opinion. You will be very happy with that selection.

Hello wine-o:

Thanks very much for the encouraging comments about cabin 1618. Even though we have cruised RCCL 16 times, this is only our 2nd cruise on Celebrity. Our first cruise on Celebrity was on the Constellation.

Nice to hear that cabin 1618 is a nice A1 Aqua Class cabin with a nice balcony.

Hello wine-o:

Thanks very much for the encouraging comments about cabin 1618. Even though we have cruised RCCL 16 times, this is only our 2nd cruise on Celebrity. Our first cruise on Celebrity was on the Constellation.

Nice to hear that cabin 1618 is a nice A1 Aqua Class cabin with a nice balcony.

We had the cabin next door in the same configuration on Solstice. The pool deck was right above, but we had little to no disturbance. On Reflection, they added an extra deck, so you have cabins right above you. You won't hear anything. You'll have a great cruise in that cabin.

Hope that helps.

I prefer to have the bed near to the bathroom and, with your help, I've been able to work out which cabins to consider.

Could I ask how you managed to find out this info? Each time I've asked Celebrity about the layouts on a new ship, they've never been able to tell me.

I prefer to have the bed near to the bathroom and, with your help, I've been able to work out which cabins to consider.

Could I ask how you managed to find out this info? Each time I've asked Celebrity about the layouts on a new ship, they've never been able to tell me.

All the decks are pretty much mirror images of each other. If a stateroom has a square on the deck plans which means a fold out sofa bed, or a triangle which means an upper berth, all those staterooms have the sofa/upper berth by the balcony, this configuration the bed is by the bath.

Since AQ does not have either, all you have to do is look at a corresponding stateroom on the deck below or above. For example, the corresponding stateroom to 1616 on Deck 11 is 1120 on Deck 10, and 9266 on Deck 9.

Same for up forward, 1550, 1042, and 9190 on Decks 11, 10, and 9 all have the bed by the bath. That's on the starboard side. It's just the opposite configuration on the port side -- corresponding staterooms 1545, 1073, and 9153 all have the bed by the balcony.

Hope I've explained it properly -- check it out.

We have had two AQ stateroom, one with bad at bath, one at balcony. We have been on S class ships, cabin 1550 and 1636. We actually preferred 1636, due to it's location. We wanted the same for our next cruise, on the Reflection, but it was not available. We ended up in 1666..I think it is a bed by balcony...any ideas?

We have had two AQ stateroom, one with bad at bath, one at balcony. We have been on S class ships, cabin 1550 and 1636. We actually preferred 1636, due to it's location. We wanted the same for our next cruise, on the Reflection, but it was not available. We ended up in 1666..I think it is a bed by balcony...any ideas?

We're in 1670 on next year's TA, and it has the bed by the bath -- which I prefer, so yours is two doors down and the same. :)

If you look at the deck plans, 1674 (a C2 cabin) has a fold out sofa bed. You can just count forward from there.

Oh, by the way, 1636-1626 are not AQ. They are C2's. They are incorrect on the deck plans. Don't have the AQ showers so they had to reclassify them.

Hello Again wine-o

I just wanted to thank-you again for clearing up the Aqua Class and Concierge Class cabin numbers. I know you said our 1618 cabin is very nice, and your comprehensive explanation as to why some CC cabins are now what was listed as Aqua Class cabins and vice versa. Did not know that the incorrect shower heads would cause such confusion, but you cleared things up and I'm sure everyone can rest easy with their cabin selections.

Thank-you again for the help.

Dave

Wine-O..Thanks for your helpful hints and for that sneak peak of the Reflection AQ shower. We love having that shower..actually, we have been spoiled by AQ cabins...We don't care WHERE they put the bed, as long as it's in AQ!! :-))

I just noticed that Celebrity has updated it's deck plan of The Reflection on their website. My original cabin 1628 that showed as an Aqua Class A1 cabin, has now been changed to a Concierge Class cabin as Wino-o had explained earlier. So, all of their deck plans are now accurate.

Could you send me a link of the new Reflection deck plan, I just went into the UK site and the old one is still there! We are sailing on her 2 weeks today and I like to keep a plan on my iPad.

Thanks

Go to celebritycruises.com, and under the Explore tab, click on ships, then select Reflection, then click on the Deck Plan tab. It appears to be the correct one.

Apparently these are up-to-date now and my cabin which was originally CC, then declassified to 1A (when I reserved it), has been reclassified CC and I've been kicked out to another cabin. With no notice to me or my travel agent. I only saw because I was checking my reservation to add dining options.

I'm pretty unhappy with how this has been handled. I don't particularly want to be on deck 6 and I paid extra - just last week - to upgrade to a specific cabin (9299). If you're going to do these kind of shenanigans with people's reservations, at least give someone a courtesy call and provide them with a choice of where to move.

My travel agent is trying to sort out what my options are at this point. I may just take back my 1C cabin on deck 8, recover my upgrade fee, and be done with it.

Archived