Caviar in the Surf

Desert Princess

OP is on back-to-back 7 day cruises so should have beach party/caviar in the surf in both places (Virgin Gorda and Mayreau). That's stated in the print brochure anyway.

Generally on each 7 day cruise there is either a beach BBQ or an on-deck Buffet and dance party. So there should be one of each.

• 1 month later...
OP is on back-to-back 7 day cruises so should have beach party/caviar in the surf in both places (Virgin Gorda and Mayreau). That's stated in the print brochure anyway.

Often for the week2week cruises, the Caviar in the Surf is one week, and the next week is the Deck BBQ. Both are very labor intensive and delightful.

Often for the week2week cruises, the Caviar in the Surf is one week, and the next week is the Deck BBQ. Both are very labor intensive and delightful.

Jane, that is so true. On my first two Seabourn cruises - repositioning from Barbados to Fort Lauderdale - we were lucky to enjoy caviar in the surf, deck barbeque and the galley lunch buffet in 7 days - times have changed! I've noticed now, though, that the 7 day Caribbean cruises strongly promote the caviar in the surf at Prickly Pear and Mayreau. The galley lunch buffets just don't seem to be as popular as they used to be, even in Europe where there is no caviar in the surf. And, Catalina Island, Dominican Republic, does not appear from recent photos to be as nice as the two aforementioned beach ports.

I hope to take the Pride on a 7 day segment in February or March and will be disappointed if the Prickly Pear beach party day is eliminated. I have been to "The Baths," so there's not much more to see on Virgin Gorda. A beach barbeque would make for a wonderful afternoon.

Merry Christmas!

Edited by johnnycruise