Need help choosing the right deck, please!

eharrismd

Hi - my wife and I are looking at an aft facing suite in the Haven on the NCL Breakaway. There is availability on Deck 14, but the suites would be directly under the Garden Café on the 15th floor. As the café tends to be open until after midnight, I'm concerned about noise and footsteps bothering us late at night. Does anyone have any experience regarding how sound-proofed the cabins directly under the café tend to be? Thanks for your advice.

Spice H2O would be 2 decks above if we chose deck 14 - do you still think it would pose a problem?

Late night, Spice H2O is thumping with music and bass. With the balcony door closed and sealed, the sound probably won't bother you but you might still feel some bass if on deck 14.

Your best bet, if you want complete silence is to get a cabin mid-ship or forward. I sailed the Getaway in 2016 and I was close to midship (more aft) on deck 14 - still heard noise from Spice H20. Thankfully we are never concerned about the noise - we are on a cruise! Have a good trip!