UK Passport, cruise to Cuba from the USA. Visa requirements?

swisstony99

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation before.

As the title says, we are going to Cuba (NCL Sun) from Port Canaveral with UK passports.

I've gone through this several times, but obviously don't want to get it wrong! My understanding is that we need to buy the $75 visa from NCL, as opposed to getting a Cuban visa from the embassy in London. It's some kind of exception if you're travelling from the US regardless of passport.

Just want to make sure we don't need both - with 5 people travelling, this could be an expensive mistake!

Thanks

No need to ask there.

If you’re departing from a US port you will need a US port issued visa.

No exception I’m afraid.

Don’t bother with the UK one unless you already have this. (Not that it will be of any use, the cruise line won’t let you off of the ship with it )

We just returned from Cuba in May.

Family are Brits. Flew into Tampa.

No other option but to purchase the visa offed by the cruise line at $75 pp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if this helps:

On another forum someone posted a photo of RC's Visa Certification form (signed at embarkation). One of the options is, "have secured my own visa". And travelers from some enumerated countries do not need visas at all.

Visas are really between travelers and Cuba. Cruise lines are not agents of Cuba and are only really just providing visas for $25 markups. In fact travlers can go to some US airports and get Cuban tourist visas for $50 each. Maybe NCL is different somehow.

That having been said, I am getting mine from the cruise line.

From RC's website

• A Cuba tourist visa, sometimes called a visitor card or entry card. For your convenience, Royal Caribbean can facilitate your Cuban tourist visa at the embarkation terminal for a cost of $75 per person, which will be charged to your onboard account on Day 1 of the cruise. You will complete a simple form at the terminal, be handed your visa, and you will be responsible for presenting it to Cuban authorities upon arrival in Cuba. Should you lose your visa, a new one can be purchased onboard at an additional cost of $75. If you prefer to secure a Cuban tourist visa by other means, please be sure to do so prior to the cruise. Then at the embarkation terminal, simply decline to have Royal Caribbean facilitate the visa for you. You will mark that you decline on your form, and you will not be charged. If you intend to remain onboard the ship while in Cuba, no visa is required.

No need to ask there.

If you’re departing from a US port you will need a US port issued visa.

No exception I’m afraid.

Don’t bother with the UK one unless you already have this. (Not that it will be of any use, the cruise line won’t let you off of the ship with it )

We just returned from Cuba in May.

Family are Brits. Flew into Tampa.

No other option but to purchase the visa offed by the cruise line at $75 pp

Brilliant - many thanks. (I'd already handed over the $75 x 5 - just wanted to check I wasn't missing anything).

I don't know if this helps:

On another forum someone posted a photo of RC's Visa Certification form (signed at embarkation). One of the options is, "have secured my own visa". And travelers from some enumerated countries do not need visas at all.

Visas are really between travelers and Cuba. Cruise lines are not agents of Cuba and are only really just providing visas for $25 markups. In fact travlers can go to some US airports and get Cuban tourist visas for $50[/color]

Some of the airlines were selling the visas in the terminal prior to flight check in. But they have now caught on and are also charging $75