Last Minute Cruise Booking tips? Elation

Kissara22

Hi everyone,

My husband has the opportunity to visit his nephew and sister in Arksansas, and I get to book a cruise if I want. So I'm looking at the 4 day Elation out of San Diego on the 19th. Six days from now. I see there is availability for OV rooms. I've never tried to book a cruise so last minute before and I was curious to know if there were any secrets or hints to getting the best rate possible. Any ideas or hints would be greatly appreciated. I still do have to find someone willing to go with me also. My choices are very limited because it's so last minute, but I'm hopeful. I really want to go, and ever since yesterday when my husband suggested it, the cruise bug is eating me alive. Sigh, Anyway, Thanks again.

Hi everyone,

My husband has the opportunity to visit his nephew and sister in Arksansas, and I get to book a cruise if I want. So I'm looking at the 4 day Elation out of San Diego on the 19th. Six days from now. I see there is availability for OV rooms. I've never tried to book a cruise so last minute before and I was curious to know if there were any secrets or hints to getting the best rate possible. Any ideas or hints would be greatly appreciated. I still do have to find someone willing to go with me also. My choices are very limited because it's so last minute, but I'm hopeful. I really want to go, and ever since yesterday when my husband suggested it, the cruise bug is eating me alive. Sigh, Anyway, Thanks again.

Here's a tip I've done a few times for last minute on that class of ship...

See if they offer only 1A guarantees (meaning there are no 1A specific cabins you can choose).

If that is the case, they are just trying to fill the ship, and you will most likely get upgraded to 4A. (not 100% guarantee, but it's happened for me twice now).

So you are only paying the 1 person surcharge, and not for two people (if you want to just go yourself).

;)

Can you book a 1a if you are 2 people?

Yes you can..

The Elation is a great ship with a good staff. I am sure you will have a blast Have fun and make sure you do a review for us when you get back....

Alas, the Elation is now sold out. I'm still thinking about the 3 day on the Paradise, unfortunately I've been on her twice now. I can book a 1A guarantee though. I think I might just go for it, by myself. I can spa and pamper myself I suppose with no worries. Thanks for the replies. :)

Wouldnt it be cheaper to drive to Seattle, lots of cheap Alaska cruises this year. Are you coming from Oregon, or do you have free airfare?? confused if your hubby is going to Arkansas why you are going to Calif??

I booked my last cruise 4 days before the cruise, barely got online in time to print off my online docs by 5 pm that day before they cut them off.

Hi everyone,

Like the NIKE slogan..........JUST DO IT!!!!!!

Archived