Infinity Bay or ??

hawkeye93

If I wanted a nice day pass area that includes a great pool, is there anything other than IB that I should consider? There will be 4 of us (including 2 19 yr olds) and, weather permitting, I want this to be our primary beach day (Royal Caribbean cruise). I would love to not have chairs super close together but it sounds like that’s just how it’s gonna be. I want easy access to water activities for the teens (banana boat, snorkeling, etc) with a great beach area and pool/pool bar. Looks like Grand Roatan is a newer property but I haven’t seen much on it. I’m willing to spend a bit more since this will be our main beach day of the whole cruise.

Would likely use Victor or Rony for transport.

This would be in mid December. Thx!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think Grand Roatan offers day passes.

If you wish boat free reef snorkeleing steps from your lounger Infinty is the choice. Understand, Infinty shares a property line with Tabyana, the cruise ship day pass area.

There are two other properties offering day passes with pools. Mayan Prncess and Paradsie Beach club. Paradise may well have more beach to work with, the pool can not be seen from the beach.

AS I remember, most of the vendors with water toys save for the inflatable water bounce thing are closer to Banarama. I don't think this a hardship from Infinity because the whole of West Bay beach can be walked ib maybe 20 mins.

If snorkeling wasn’t part of the equation, would one of those day pass locations give a more “upscale” experience than another? Like a nicer pool area, less crowded/chairs not on top of each other, better quality cocktails?

Lastly, with the unregulated taxis, would it be best to use a private driver even if I’m not wanting to add any other stops (unless there’s fun shopping that isn’t walking distance from the beach)?

If snorkeling wasn’t part of the equation, would one of those day pass locations give a more “upscale” experience than another? Like a nicer pool area, less crowded/chairs not on top of each other, better quality cocktails?

Lastly, with the unregulated taxis, would it be best to use a private driver even if I’m not wanting to add any other stops (unless there’s fun shopping that isn’t walking distance from the beach)?

Sadly, most of what you are asking is subjective. Many people believe Infinity and Grand Roatan to the best of what West Bay offers. There are several more expensive places on the island but they don't offer day passes. Ya have to remember any day pass you choose is going to be secondary to the actual guests staying at the resort. I can not tell you about the drinks, I have a allergy. I can not tell you how many guests will be staying at a resort nor can I tell you how many day passes will be sold. I can not tell you if the chairs will be packed. What I can tell you is Infinty is one of the more popular resorts because it is so very much like the north, I can also tell you once upon a time the day passes were limited.

There are only four pools I know of on West Bay Beach. Grand Roatan is the newest (no day passes) with Infinty behind them. I like the pool at Mayan but many people prefer the Infinty pool. I was visiting West Bay long before Infinty was there.. Mayan, Paradise Beach Club and Henry Morgan have been around for at least 18 years.

I sure would not put Roatan on a list of places to go shopping...my perception is there is very little shopping in West Bay ( I am not a shopper, my percepotion coud be off) . One could ask the their driver to drop them in the village of West End to have a go at some shops, you could then hop the water taxi to West Bay, have you driver collect you there.

My apologies if I sound like I am being difficult, I find one person's crowded is another's perfect number for a party. Your past experence may lead you to believe there is very little crowd on West Bay Beach. My perception is, I knew it long before the cruise ships found it, I believe it can be a complete circus, but that doesn't stop my from returning to play in the water and enjoy my local friends.