Copenhagen ..which hotel ? the Scandic Palace or the Absalon

pattymo

Have booked the absalon for July 8 pre cruise...am getting nervous about the lack of AC there not sure how my husband will tolerate the heat and sl less than optimal location ..Paying for 2 rooms..party of 5. Scandic palace is $400 more . Any input ?

The Scandic Palace had AC when we were there in 2015. The rooms were huge by European standards. The breakfast was quite good, and you can't beat the location. It is an easy 2 blocks from the train station, just across the road from where the free walking tour starts, and at the end of the large pedestrian zone that crosses the main part of downtown. You can walk almost traffic free for what seems like miles.

We were at the Scandic Palace in August and we loved it. As mentioned above, the location is fantastic. The staff were great to deal with. They arranged for a taxi to take us to the cruise terminal, and everyone we dealt with from check in to departure was very professional.

The AC worked fine, but it was in the low 70's during the day so I can't tell you how it would handle a heat wave.

Although we booked it independently, Holland America and other cruise lines use it as part of their pre- and post-cruise packages, so you'll see a lot of other cruisers.

Hope this helps.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm posting here in case you don't check the Roll Call post. Please give me more info on how to contact Delta. How long was our delay? We should have gone on the tour of CPH. What a waste of a day sitting at the airport. Thank You!

I had 6 grandkids on the Baltic Cruise, so it's a hunk of change. Thanks again!

Eileen Travelingapor.

The number one thing to not worry about in Copenhagen..... Does the hotel have air condition

Of course its not good if you hit that one day each year but what are the chances. ;p

Trust me, most warm nights doesn't get warmer than around 15 degres celsius so nothing that a open window can't handle.