M64 vs R158 on Carnival Fantasy?

We had reserved room R158, but had to call in to sort out name issues. When I called, the guy on the phone said he could "upgrade" us to room M64. I took it and went on my way. But now, looking at deck plans, R158 is considered 6B while M64 is considered 6C. I am also concerned because I mentioned to him that I was concerned about motion, which he agreed with because he said gulf cruises can be "rough". And the R158 location is more midship. So I need your opinions. Which of these rooms would you consider to be better? Is the Main deck room better and I should leave it, or should I call back and try to get something different? Travelling with 2 young children, so both motion and noise should be taken into consideration. TIA!

I have looked at the deck plans, and your room was certainly an upgrade. However, I don't think I would have picked either of these rooms if you want it quiet. Your room (both of these) are directly in the line of the opening where everyone entering that deck from the elevators is going to traverse. In otherwords, you are going to get a lot of traffic outside your door.

R158 is more central than M68, but I don't think you would really feel that much of a difference between these two rooms related to motion.

I would try to stay on the main deck if you can, but get a room further of the bank of elevators to minimize the traffic going past.

Something else to keep in mind. If you have booked under ES, you can not go back to the other room now. Once you upgrade, you are locked in. They will allow you to continue to upgrade with an ES booking, but not downgrade to a lower class room.

I have looked at the deck plans, and your room was certainly an upgrade. However, I don't think I would have picked either of these rooms if you want it quiet. Your room (both of these) are directly in the line of the opening where everyone entering that deck from the elevators is going to traverse. In otherwords, you are going to get a lot of traffic outside your door.

R158 is more central than M68, but I don't think you would really feel that much of a difference between these two rooms related to motion.

I would try to stay on the main deck if you can, but get a room further of the bank of elevators to minimize the traffic going past.

Something else to keep in mind. If you have booked under ES, you can not go back to the other room now. Once you upgrade, you are locked in. They will allow you to continue to upgrade with an ES booking, but not downgrade to a lower class room.

Thank you. I didn't know about not being able to go back. Although, since by category this is actually not an upgrade I'm not sure if that would apply. Do I just call to see about getting a room further back? I was worried about elevator noise, but choices were limited and they were all by elevators when I looked on the website.

We recently sailed this ship. We were on the Main deck close to elevators. We never heard any noise and thought it was a great deck. I think we were in M164, but I cannot remember for sure. We would be on that deck again.

We usually sail on the Main deck when on the Fantasy or her sister ship. We love it. You are a little further up than we usually go, but you should be fine. While you are towards the front, you are not at the very front. I think the kids club is closer to you also, just straight up a few decks.

Thank you. I didn't know about not being able to go back. Although, since by category this is actually not an upgrade I'm not sure if that would apply. Do I just call to see about getting a room further back? I was worried about elevator noise, but choices were limited and they were all by elevators when I looked on the website.

You need to understand that going from a 6B to a 6C is an upgrade. The higher the letter in the category then the higher the "upgrade" is. Just because they are both "6's" doesn't mean it wasn't an upgrade. Going up the deck is what made it an upgrade and moved it from the 6B to the 6C. The higher you go on the ship the higher the upgrade as well (generally speaking).

That is why I said that if you have ES rate you likely will not be able to go back down. They do not allow for you to downgrade your room, only upgrade.

You need to understand that going from a 6B to a 6C is an upgrade. The higher the letter in the category then the higher the "upgrade" is. Just because they are both "6's" doesn't mean it wasn't an upgrade. Going up the deck is what made it an upgrade and moved it from the 6B to the 6C. The higher you go on the ship the higher the upgrade as well (generally speaking).

That is why I said that if you have ES rate you likely will not be able to go back down. They do not allow for you to downgrade your room, only upgrade.

Thanks. I was under the impression that the letter/number system went 1a, then 1b, and so on with 1a being the best.