Jewel of the Seas Staterooms 1140 - 1162 on Deck 11

Wine-O

It appears that Jewel is the only ship in its Class that has staterooms 1140-1162 on Deck 11. Has anyone stayed in one of these staterooms? Is the area quiet? Looks like they carved out an area of the Spa, but from the deck plans don't see any passageway to get to them.

It appears that Jewel is the only ship in its Class that has staterooms 1140-1162 on Deck 11. Has anyone stayed in one of these staterooms? Is the area quiet? Looks like they carved out an area of the Spa, but from the deck plans don't see any passageway to get to them.

I think they just messed up the deck plan. There has to be a corridor on the inside accessible from the elevator/stairs area.

After doing more research, I found that there is a jogging track right above those staterooms. That's just not going to work for "She who must be obeyed" and likes to sleep in on sea days. :rolleyes:

Actually, we didn't feel the movement anywhere else we were on the boat, in the Windjammer or Solarium for example, like we did in the MDR. We were live aboards for years on our 36' boat, so understand how boats can be on water. Because of the gentle roll, I'd sleep better aboard our boat than at home. It was just the strangest thing. After dinner, when we moved away from that spot where we sat...nothing to write home about...and it happened every night!!! Heap strange Kemosabi!

Actually, we didn't feel the movement anywhere else we were on the boat, in the Windjammer or Solarium for example, like we did in the MDR. We were live aboards for years on our 36' boat, so understand how boats can be on water. Because of the gentle roll, I'd sleep better aboard our boat than at home. It was just the strangest thing. After dinner, when we moved away from that spot where we sat...nothing to write home about...and it happened every night!!! Heap strange Kemosabi!

Not concerned with motion -- just noise from the deck above like scrapping of chairs if you are below the pool deck. I think joggers from the running track would be annoying at 7am in the morning.

I was just in stateroom 1140 this past week, the front most balcony. It IS an obstructed view, and the balcony was wet from dripping above. I liked the location and I did not hear joggers above. I would not take that particular balcony again, but I would do one on deck 11 closer to to solarium

• 3 years later...

My family booked 3 of these cabins in 2017.  Although we would occasionally hear joggers, it was not enough to deter me from booking these again. No one in our party was a "late" sleeper. And the convenience and larger balconies outweighed the noise for us.  I just booked one again for December of this year.  

4 hours ago, realtorclm said:

My family booked 3 of these cabins in 2017.  Although we would occasionally hear joggers, it was not enough to deter me from booking these again. No one in our party was a "late" sleeper. And the convenience and larger balconies outweighed the noise for us.  I just booked one again for December of this year.  

Wow...resurrected this thread after 3 years !! You might have added that these cabins lack much or any covering on the balcony which might have been of some interest.