Splendor- Hurricane Bud light trip.

cooltj

Hi Everyone,

We have returned back from an adventure... Wow it was a crazy trip for sure... We started out on a 7 day cruise with 3 ports and ended up with two totally different ports visited (Ensenada and San Diego). I have to say, 5 sea days in a row is an incredible long time.

Carnival tried to keep everyone one up to date but, the weather seemed to be changing by the hour/minute... It was very disappointing when we arrived in Cabo to be turned away because the currents were to rough ugh... The water seemed not so bad but, I am not an expert. We were then diverted to Catalina for a visit with 50% future credit and $200 OBC. I thought that was fair and tried to keep my family occupied until we got to Catalina. The next day the Captain came on and said we are not allowed to visit Catalina and instead will dock in San Diego. We will now get 100% of our cruise booking for future cruise Hmm ok... so, I get a free cruise and $200 bucks.. Plus I get to keep on cruising now.. hmm that seems very fair to me...

Ah... Land Ho.. we arrived in San Diego and half the ship decides to leave right away.. over 1.500 people check out and take what I believe is the cruise guarantee... I couldn't believe it.. Carnival had 16 buses ready to ship people over to long beach. I was just happy to be on land... It was so nice to be free of the ship!clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

Edited by cooltj

San Diego: I over heard a couple of people talking about groupon and the air craft carrier Midway I believe. So, while I was eating my 3 egg over easy on board I booked the tour.What a great choice that was... Great tour and by purchasing them on line we walked right on... No line nothing.. After our tour, we walked all the way down to Sea Port Village. I had found memories of this place because, I went to school when Sea Port opened up. My kids of coursed loved the shopping and we got some burrito and taco for lunch. Nice relaxing day and we got some exercise in...

Ensenada mexico: What can I say... We have been there numerous times in the past years. To my suprise, the town has cleaned up a lot... new bridge connect to the water front and plaza... The shops are basically the same but, the shop keepers where all nice. Kids had another good time picking up stuff and my wife and I enjoyed walking around and getting some adult beverages. Nice walk back to ship and we are on for the last night of the trip.

Embarkation: Was very simple. We stayed at the Maya under the carnival code and left our car there for the week. Got the shuttle over by 10 AM and was waiting for Carnival to open the doors at 10:30AM. No reason why you should show up earlier then 10:30AM. Carnival reps also told me you have to pay now for Queen Mary self tour...

Disembarkation... welll less people = less wait time right... getting off the ship was a breeze.. but, the lines stacked up inside and in the luggage area.. they need to figure out a better solution to this problem. Shuttle back to my car at the Maya and we got home by 4:30PM

I am not going to get into dinning and shows and activities on board.. All of the shows are basically the same on every ship. I do have to say, we had actor from Mike and Molly show Billy G. He did a comedy show which was enjoyable. My wife loves the show so, you know we had to see it.. Just kidding, he was funny and did the usual cell phonje joke.

let me know if you have any other questions.

P.S.

I actually used the 100% to book two rooms.. One an Ocean suite and right next door a Balcony.. So, we received 2 cruises for the price of one.. We have nothing to complain about. My wife loved the idea of taking afternoon naps... Just slowing everything down from our usually busy schedule.

Edited by cooltj

P.S.

I actually used the 100% to book two rooms.. One an Ocean suite and right next door a Balcony.. So, we received 2 cruises for the price of one.. We have nothing to complain about. My wife loved the idea of taking afternoon naps... Just slowing everything down from our usually busy schedule.

I'm curious about how using the 100% credit went. When I called Carnival, they said to book the future cruise we want, pay the deposit, then contact carnival to have the "100% credit" applied. I asked how that would work if our future cruise was the same price as the cruise credit - would our deposit be refunded? I was told no, the deposit for the future cruise would not be refunded so we should upgrade our cabin if we want to take full advantage of the credit. Does that match how it has worked for you? Any one else have experience with redeeming a credit?

I'm curious about how using the 100% credit went. When I called Carnival, they said to book the future cruise we want, pay the deposit, then contact carnival to have the "100% credit" applied. I asked how that would work if our future cruise was the same price as the cruise credit - would our deposit be refunded? I was told no, the deposit for the future cruise would not be refunded so we should upgrade our cabin if we want to take full advantage of the credit. Does that match how it has worked for you? Any one else have experience with redeeming a credit?

So here is how it works.

The credit is only the cruise price ie.. $ for 1st and second passenger price per person. It is the same way for 3rd and 4th. No port taxes will be included in the 100% credit. I had my PVP apply this to our new booking and I will pay the difference between the two. Ocean Suite was about 80 more per person and the balcony was about 100 per person. Plus you have to add in port charges of 101.40 per person

If you don't use the full amount you lose it. Also, it is applied by your cruise# so, what you paid for your cruise can only apply to your new one.

hope that makes sense.

We were on the same cruise. Although we were disappointed we didn't get to Cabo and PV, we still enjoyed our vacation. What a crazy experience that was. We usually drive down to Galveston and cruise from there so this was the first time we had flown into a port. Looking forward to finding our next cruise!!!

San Diego: I over heard a couple of people talking about groupon and the air craft carrier Midway I believe. So, while I was eating my 3 egg over easy on board I booked the tour.What a great choice that was... Great tour and by purchasing them on line we walked right on... No line nothing.. After our tour, we walked all the way down to Sea Port Village. I had found memories of this place because, I went to school when Sea Port opened up. My kids of coursed loved the shopping and we got some burrito and taco for lunch. Nice relaxing day and we got some exercise in...

Ensenada mexico: What can I say... We have been there numerous times in the past years. To my suprise, the town has cleaned up a lot... new bridge connect to the water front and plaza... The shops are basically the same but, the shop keepers where all nice. Kids had another good time picking up stuff and my wife and I enjoyed walking around and getting some adult beverages. Nice walk back to ship and we are on for the last night of the trip.

Embarkation: Was very simple. We stayed at the Maya under the carnival code and left our car there for the week. Got the shuttle over by 10 AM and was waiting for Carnival to open the doors at 10:30AM. No reason why you should show up earlier then 10:30AM. Carnival reps also told me you have to pay now for Queen Mary self tour...

Disembarkation... welll less people = less wait time right... getting off the ship was a breeze.. but, the lines stacked up inside and in the luggage area.. they need to figure out a better solution to this problem. Shuttle back to my car at the Maya and we got home by 4:30PM

I am not going to get into dinning and shows and activities on board.. All of the shows are basically the same on every ship. I do have to say, we had actor from Mike and Molly show Billy G. He did a comedy show which was enjoyable. My wife loves the show so, you know we had to see it.. Just kidding, he was funny and did the usual cell phonje joke.

let me know if you have any other questions.

P.S.

Thanks for the review and what is the code now for the Maya? we stayed there years ago for $99 but they say there is a new code. Thanks !!!

Thanks for the review and what is the code now for the Maya? we stayed there years ago for $99 but they say there is a new code. Thanks !!!

I am not sure about the code. I sent an email to the below person. I believe it was 179 for a room.

Jessica Jimenez, Reservations Coordinator

Hotel Maya, a DoubleTree by Hilton

700 Queensway Drive | Long Beach, CA 90802

Phone: 562.481.3904 | Fax: 562.435.3788

Do you remember who’s the cruise director on Splendor?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Steve from Canada.... I believe he was from the inspiration or imagination... was a fill in for us. He was ok, had a very hard job this week.