Alaska Princess Lodges

Stateroom_Sailor

We are doing our first cruise tour on HAL in June, through the Canadian Yukon. I'm starting to eyeball what Princess has to offer on their 14 night itineraries, and am excited to see how different what the two lines have to offer. It looks like you generally need to choose a tour that hits one of the following locations:

- Copper River Princess Lodge

- Kenai Princess Lodge

If you have experience, and had to pick 2 nights at either location, which would you choose? Comfort, amenities, view, excursions, and transportation to get there, are all worth considering.

I would pick Copper River and make sure I got out to Kennicott. Kenai is overcrowded and not much to do except fish or go to Seward.

That's what I was hoping to hear. The river and mountain view are beautiful from Kenai, from what we've seen online, but I like the extended journey to/from Copper River, and the opportunity to see more of Alaska.

Frankly- do you know what is available from EACH of these locations? Have you looked and determined what activities YOU would like to see and do?

Certainly both have options, and if you are ONLY talking about these 2, I'd suggest, you first , find out a lot more about them.

Are you only considering these 2? Only a cruisetour? There is no point in Wolfies' great suggestion, if you aren't going to make the effort and pay the costs of getting to Kennicott, as example- which would be my first choice priority at this location. But- I am- always going out to Kenai Fjords- multiple times- every trip- so would also be at the Kenai Princess- (if that was the only lodging choice- I would not stay there otherwise)

Frankly- do you know what is available from EACH of these locations? Have you looked and determined what activities YOU would like to see and do?

Certainly both have options, and if you are ONLY talking about these 2, I'd suggest, you first , find out a lot more about them.

Are you only considering these 2? Only a cruisetour? There is no point in Wolfies' great suggestion, if you aren't going to make the effort and pay the costs of getting to Kennicott, as example- which would be my first choice priority at this location. But- I am- always going out to Kenai Fjords- multiple times- every trip- so would also be at the Kenai Princess- (if that was the only lodging choice- I would not stay there otherwise)

I did notice quite a few frowned faced penguin wobblers, getting off the Princess ship, last time in Alaska, along with their beaten down looking husbands. If your response is any kind of example, then yes, a cruise tour only might be a great idea. Other than that, I don't owe you explanations for my lack of research. What do you think it is I'm doing?

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor