String Quartet on Veendam

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:10 AM.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
9,180 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Sean - I have not seen much on the Veendam....I have been looking. I am sailing her next month, what about you?? There was one cruiser recently back. I'll try to find the post, and bump it up.

Marie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marie
Upcoming cruises:
December 18, 2017 - Celebrity Reflection(Quick Christmas Getaway)
Jan 7, 2018 - Crown Princess
June 3, 2018 - HAL Noordam(ALASKA and DIY land)
Fort Myers, FL, USA
768 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
According to the guy in Seattle who books the entertainment, Rosario and Champagne Strings are generic terms for string groups booked by HAL. Rosario members are Filipino, Champagne members are European.

So, you won't necessarily see an old friend in either group as neither group really exists.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
44 cruises: mainly HAL but also Cunard, Carnival, Crystal, NCL, RCI, Starclipper, Seabourn. ~560 days total, ~346 on HAL
obetz oh usa
2,517 Posts
Joined May 2000
The last time we were on the Veendam they had the Canterbury strings, a trio from England...not bad but I prefer the other string quartets or trios....jean
Phoenix,AZ
10,307 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by lknick
According to the guy in Seattle who books the entertainment, Rosario and Champagne Strings are generic terms for string groups booked by HAL. Rosario members are Filipino, Champagne members are European.

So, you won't necessarily see an old friend in either group as neither group really exists.
When I had the Rosarios (Filipino) on the Ryndam, I really enjoyed them. When I had the Champagne Strings (Volendam, Amsterdam), I didn't like them at all. They were much more like background music than the Rosario Strings, who made every song recognizable.
The Champagne Strings were mainly middle eastern when I saw them. But I have heard there was a Pollish group that was very good under the Champagne name.
Maybe I could e-mail HAL and find out if I have something to look forward to as far as music.