Looks like another Scottish cruise is in our future...

Unregistered, just back from your Hebridean International cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:21 PM.
Germany
1,098 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
I am going to put down a deposit on the Spirit of Scotland cruise on Hebridean Island Cruises. It's a whisky focused cruise with stops at several distilleries.

My mom just took river cruises on the Royal Crown with Hebridean and had a marvelous time. I had wanted to join her, but circumstances didn't allow it. But, thanks to her glowing comments and our own memories about being on Hebridean Princess, I was able to talk my husband into another voyage!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Our first cruise- Vision of the Seas- June 4, 2009 Baltics
Germany
1,098 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Just paid off our cruise. Love that when my husband called the office in Britain, the man helping him immediately recognized him. That would never happen on a mass market cruise line.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

New York
9,394 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
This looks like a very interesting cruise. By comparison, have you taken (or considered) the Lord of the Glens "Scottish Highlands & Islands" cruise? We are considering booking this through National Geographic Expeditions, but there is very little customer feedback available.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email me: [email protected]
Blogs: Jazzbeaux Blogs

I am not an employee of Cruise Critic and I don't speak for Cruise Critic. All opinions are mine alone. Also, I'm only a Host on the various River forums -- everywhere else I'm "just plain Jazz."

Booked:
Viking Sun British Isles Explorer 8-2018
Celebrity Edge Caribbean 1-2019
Ponant/Backroads Iceland 8-2019
Ponant New Zealand 3-2020

Completed:
AMA Discover Africa 5-2018 / Azamara Quest Costa Rica 1-2018 / Crown Princess Classic Canada & New England 10-2017 / Norwegian Pride of America Hawaii 10-2016 / Azamara Quest Norwegian Fjords 8-2016 / Celebrity Constellation Greek Isles 5-2016 / AmaDagio Provence 9-2015 / Celebrity Xpedition Galapagos 5-2015 / Celebrity Eclipse Southern Carib 3-2015 / Fresco Tours A Kinder Camino walking tour 9-2014 / Crystal Serenity Mediterranean 5-2014 / Coral Princess Panama Canal 1-2014 / AmaCello Rhine 8-2013 / Coral Princess Alaska 6-2013 / Ireland Fly-Drive 9-2012 / Norwegian Dawn Caribbean 3-2013 / Celebrity Summit Caribbean 1-2012 / Oceania Insignia Mediterranean 5-2011 / Fair Dinkum (Erie Canal bareboat) 7-2003 / Costa Italia Caribbean 5-1974
Germany
1,098 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
I haven't, though it sounds like something I would be interested in. I have sailed on Hebridean before and loved it. I would imagine a National Geographic cruise would be more about learning than luxury!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Germany
1,098 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
30 days to go! I can hardly wait! It's been too long since our last cruise and too long since our last time on Princess!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Adelaide, Australia
56 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by knotheadusc
30 days to go! I can hardly wait! It's been too long since our last cruise and too long since our last time on Princess!
I very much look forward to a review of your cruise - the reviews on this cruise line are very sparse.
Germany
1,098 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
I reviewed our trip in 2012, but I will definitely be blogging this trip and will provide another review when we finish our cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Germany
1,098 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Cruise tickets arrived yesterday after a concerned email from Hebridean's sales manager who was putting together our information. My husband had sent the pre-boarding questionnaire, but they hadn't received it.

I see the tickets are a little bit higher end now than they were in 2012. You get a diary/journal thing.

Once again, I am impressed by the attention to detail. Also, I notice this time, since we booked directly with the main office instead of the North American office, we don't have to pay for the coach to and from the ports.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tickets.jpg (6.7 KB, 26 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature