ideas for excursions in Cabo, Mazatlan

pclaire

I will be on the Disney Magic July 17th with my 7 year old daughter. Its a 6 day cruise that stops in Mazatlan and Cabo (all the other Magic trips next summer are 7 day, with a stop in PV also). Any ideas for safe, fun excursions? My daughter is allergic to tree nuts, so I have to be a little careful about food issues. That said, she's very adventuresome, even f I'm not!!! :o thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Randi's Happy Horses are the best. We have been riding with her for about 3 years now. We are going to see her again at the end of March. www.randishappyhorses.com

I'm trying to hook something up with Randi's too. After that I'm working with a tour guide Frank http://www.mazatlan-tours.com/ to pick us up and take us on a city tour. He takes you on a custom tour of where you want to go. Anyone else dealt with Maztalan Frank? How is he?

Hi - I am planning on going March 22 nd or so - maybe I will see you guys there?:D I will be on the Pride ship. Looks like fun, I havent been on a cruise for a long time...Any advice out there?

Thanks!!!

All I can say is that Frank is the best bar none. He will customize an excursion for you and I'm sure you can work something out between him and Randi. That's what we did the last time we were in Mazatlan. Went riding with Randi and met Frank at the dock after the ride. It went like clock work. I think they work together alot and are good friends.

Have a great cruise,

Buck

i'm interested in what others have to say about things to do in those ports. will be traveling in august. the excursions being offered on our cruise ship seem on the high end. am looking into booking something on our own. any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated! thank you in advance! :)

Buckgilbert,

How much time did you have in PV to be able to do both excursions. We will be on the Sapphire princess in Dec and both Randis and Franks seem great. Did you have lunch at Stone Island and still have time to do something with Frank?

Both Randi and Frank are in Mazatlan not PV. For information for PV check PVPams thread on this board.

Hay you are not the only ones to make that mistake. One time somebody wanted to book them both in Cozemel, or however you spell it.

Whatever you do, I hope you have as great a time as we always do.

Buck

Sorry...I knew that but just typed it wrong. I am looking at all places at the same time.. Oh well, it is age! I was wondering, Buck, how long you were there to do both the horses and go with Frank. I would love to do the horses, but would also like to see a little more of Mazatlan.

I will check out PVpam. We just went ziplining in Costa Rica so I would like to try something different in PV. Also, still need to figure something out for Cabo.

Hi Claire,

We just returned from a glorious 7 day cruise on ther Mexican Riveria. We stopped in Cabo, Matzatlan and Puerto Vallarta. By far the best part of our trip was Matzatlan. :D We spent most of our day in Matzatlan on Stone Island, riding wonderful gentle horses on a beautiful beach with a very friendly informative guide, Tony, eating on the beach at Victor's, food to die for! and walking the beach looking for seashells and enjoying the views. We discovered this wonderful place thru Randi's Happy Horses. :D If you want to have a very special experience, see some of the real Matzatlan and have a relaxing day, be sure to get in touch with Randi. She will meet you at the pier, make sure you have a wonderful day and then get you back safely and on time to the ship. We are planning a family trip to Matzatlan, kids and grandkids, next spring and you can bet we will be getting in touch with Randi and her crew. Let me know if you want any info on Cabo. We had a great time there too.

Jodie

Sorry...I knew that but just typed it wrong. I am looking at all places at the same time.. Oh well, it is age! I was wondering, Buck, how long you were there to do both the horses and go with Frank. I would love to do the horses, but would also like to see a little more of Mazatlan.

I will check out PVpam. We just went ziplining in Costa Rica so I would like to try something different in PV. Also, still need to figure something out for Cabo.

We just returned from a cruise and we had a wonderful time in Cabo and Matzatlan. We did not arrange anything thru the ship. When we got off the tender at the pier in Cabo there are different excursions being offered. We went parasailing on a boat called Sky King. A wonderful experience. Boat was clean, in great shape and we felt very safe! Very nice young men who guaranteed we would not get wet and we did not. A walk along the harbor is nice, lots to see, nice restaurants. We also heard the carriage ride in town is fun and very informative. Cabo is alot of fun and the locals are great. In Matzatlan, Randi's Happy Horses can't be beat. We had a Very special day with a very special lady, her horses and her friends. Enjoy and Have a wonderful time.

Jodie

The price was $40 a piece. We did not go tandem but I know we could have as they offered it to us, I believe it was $75.00. It was also $5.00 if you just wanted to ride along while one of you parasailed. I suppose I could have gotten it a little cheaper but I was not in the mood to dicker with them and they were great guys. Their equipment was in very good shape and we felt very safe with them. I believe the weight restriction was 250lb but don't quote me on that. My husband is 6'4 245lb. and they had no problem taking him up. I will try to add some pics if you would like to see. We had a great time. All our friends here at home are totally impressed this granma and granpa did this!

Jodie

Thanks Jodie. Pics would be great. I always love looking at them.

I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong. My bosses name is Jody and I guess I'm so used to typing her emails because she works in a different office that I typed it that way even though I had just read the spelling of your name before responding.

I have never parasailed before. But I think I may be brave enough to try it. It's nice to know that if I choose not to though, I can still go along and watch my husband. He's been dying to every time we go on vacation. And we never can seem to quite fit it in. Do you remember how long it took? It would be nice to be able to fit that and something else in while we're in Cabo. But we're only there from 7:00 - 2:00. So we don't have a lot of time to work with.

All I can say is that Frank is the best bar none. He will customize an excursion for you and I'm sure you can work something out between him and Randi. That's what we did the last time we were in Mazatlan. Went riding with Randi and met Frank at the dock after the ride. It went like clock work. I think they work together alot and are good friends.

Have a great cruise,

Buck

Thanks Buck...that's exactly what I'm doing....going with Randi in the morning and Frank in the afternoon. The two of them seem to be the best and must be good friends the way they work together. Your post assures me that everything will go smoothly.

We just returned from a cruise and we had a wonderful time in Cabo and Matzatlan. We did not arrange anything thru the ship. When we got off the tender at the pier in Cabo there are different excursions being offered. We went parasailing on a boat called Sky King. A wonderful experience. Boat was clean, in great shape and we felt very safe! Very nice young men who guaranteed we would not get wet and we did not. A walk along the harbor is nice, lots to see, nice restaurants. We also heard the carriage ride in town is fun and very informative. Cabo is alot of fun and the locals are great. In Matzatlan, Randi's Happy Horses can't be beat. We had a Very special day with a very special lady, her horses and her friends. Enjoy and Have a wonderful time.

Jodie

Can you tell me more about the carriage ride in town? Is this in Cabo? Where do you arrange the ride from? Is this one I'll just have to get off the ship and arrange?

We're also going to Maz. PV, and Cabo in July. Still trying to figure out what excursions to take. The ones that Disney is offering seem a bit $$$$$$.....go figure!

I like looking at everyone's suggestions! Keep them coming.

Fran

• 3 weeks later...

Getting in and out of the water taxi's is quite challenging when the seas are rough (are they EVER calm there????) We had a nice time at the beach - but as I tried to jump back into the boat ( Water taxi) a wave hit - and the boat went down - I jumped in at the same time and landed on my face in the bottom of a dirty smelly - ucky boat) probably quite funny to everyone else - but gross to me.....so be careful......also - the guys on shore who help you get off the water taxi and to the beach expect a tip.

Let me know if you want any info on Cabo. We had a great time there too.

Jodie

Jodie:

We're leaving on the Pride on the 3rd, and one of my daughter's has just announced that we "have" to go snorkeling in Cabo....do you have any experience with this? Any recommendations?

Thanks very much,

AustinRobi

I'm also looking for snorkeling or preferably a combo snorkel/scuba trip. We did one of those in Bleize and it worked out great. Same boat took us out to a wonderful reef, when you could see lots by snorkeling, and some when down to check it out closer with scuba. We were out there for about 50 minutes, total time in the water. Anything like that in Cabo??

"Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all the posts I know exactly what my husband and I will be doing in Mazatlan. Randi in the Morning and Frank in the afternoon. We are not going till Feb 8 so we have time to book. I am just getting some info and reading up on it now.

Now to plan the other ports.

Archived