Single man wanted!

Melli

To all the single male cruisers out there:

Hi,

my name is Melli (37) and I'm an absolute cruise lover, my favorite lines are NCL and RCCL and for the last four years I've cruised solo...so where are all the single men on the cruisecritic boards who like to chat with me a little bit about cruising and perhaps would like to find a woman who shares the love for the ocean and the ships!?

If it's you that I mean - just say hi!;)

HEY!

I always think it's kinda funny how many folks will LOOK and not say anything!

I'm going on my first solo/single/whatever cruise two weeks from TODAY actually! :) Southern Caribbean itinerary is basically non-stop action so I think it should be a good one!

I also have my first ever themed "single-cruise" booked coming up in April!

HEY!

I always think it's kinda funny how many folks will LOOK and not say anything!

I'm going on my first solo/single/whatever cruise two weeks from TODAY actually! :) Southern Caribbean itinerary is basically non-stop action so I think it should be a good one!

I also have my first ever themed "single-cruise" booked coming up in April!

Hey!:)

Southern Caribbean itinerary sounds great! I went there in 2007 and Barbados and Antigua were my favorite places. Which ports are you going to visit?

I've never been on a real single cruise - in April I'm booked on the NCL Jade...

Have a great day!

44 yr old single cruiser here...I usually cruise Carnival though...I feel they have the most singles and the most "nightlife" of the cruises I've been on and what I've heard from people. Cruising xmas week to Key West and the Bahamas.

Hey!:)

Southern Caribbean itinerary sounds great! I went there in 2007 and Barbados and Antigua were my favorite places. Which ports are you going to visit?

I've never been on a real single cruise - in April I'm booked on the NCL Jade...

Have a great day!

The cruise is aboard the Carnival Valor out of San Juan. So it goes San Juan--> St Thomas--> Barbados--> St Lucia--> St Kitts--> St Maarten--> San Juan! SEE??? BUSY!

I have been to St Thomas and St Maarten before while aboard the Ruby Princess. Everything else is all NEW! :)

Love NCL! Wish they sailed out of San Juan!

44 yr old single cruiser here...I usually cruise Carnival though...I feel they have the most singles and the most "nightlife" of the cruises I've been on and what I've heard from people. Cruising xmas week to Key West and the Bahamas.

Hi!

Great to hear from you!

I've never been on Carnival but I guess I'll give it a try someday....I've just cruised with NCL, RCCL and Princess. This year I was on the Allure and I Loved it. But I also like the small ships and Key West is one of the ports I really enjoy. Have you been on other cruise lines?

Have a great day!

The cruise is aboard the Carnival Valor out of San Juan. So it goes San Juan--> St Thomas--> Barbados--> St Lucia--> St Kitts--> St Maarten--> San Juan! SEE??? BUSY!

I have been to St Thomas and St Maarten before while aboard the Ruby Princess. Everything else is all NEW! :)

Love NCL! Wish they sailed out of San Juan!

I love NCL too!

I will be a platinum latitudes member in April on the Jade!:) ..in summer I'll be on the Sun to Alaska and I've already booked the brandnew Getaway for 2015. Can't wait! There's a video of the Getaway leaving the dock in Papenburg for the first time only some days ago ....she looks amazing! Have you seen it?

Hello. 41m leaving for a solo trip Nov 9th on EPIC. 2nd solo trip. Alaska is the cruise I really want to take and will someday. Since I live in South Florida these Caribbean cruises are just priced too cheap to pass up at times.

Hello. 41m leaving for a solo trip Nov 9th on EPIC. 2nd solo trip. Alaska is the cruise I really want to take and will someday. Since I live in South Florida these Caribbean cruises are just priced too cheap to pass up at times.

Hey!

Is it your first cruise on the Epic?

I have to say that I really enjoyed Blue Man Group and Moderno restaurant - the food was so delicious...

On the Epic I was in a studio cabin....interesting experience:D...but next time I'd go for a regular inside as the studio really was tiny. But I met a lot of nice peole in the so called studio lounge.

It must be great to live in South Florida and to go on all those cruises spontaneously:)

Have you been with NCL before?

Hey!

Is it your first cruise on the Epic?

I have to say that I really enjoyed Blue Man Group and Moderno restaurant - the food was so delicious...

On the Epic I was in a studio cabin....interesting experience:D...but next time I'd go for a regular inside as the studio really was tiny. But I met a lot of nice peole in the so called studio lounge.

It must be great to live in South Florida and to go on all those cruises spontaneously:)

Have you been with NCL before?

Nope. It's my 2nd on Epic. I went last year 3/16 and had a great time but was spring break and tons of kids and full ship. You have great taste, Moderno was my favorite place to eat. Blue Man I enjoyed but having seen once before in Las Vegas just wasn't quite the same.. I was offered a free upgrade to an inside but I really liked the studio lounge and whole experience so stuck with the studio.Yes this trip was planned with a week to go.. But I had a week vacation time about to expire and since live in Fl and a past guest with taxes $523 for the week with onboard credit a bottle of wine and fruit basket was just too tough to pass up. :)

Nope. It's my 2nd on Epic. I went last year 3/16 and had a great time but was spring break and tons of kids and full ship. You have great taste, Moderno was my favorite place to eat. Blue Man I enjoyed but having seen once before in Las Vegas just wasn't quite the same.. I was offered a free upgrade to an inside but I really liked the studio lounge and whole experience so stuck with the studio.Yes this trip was planned with a week to go.. But I had a week vacation time about to expire and since live in Fl and a past guest with taxes $523 for the week with onboard credit a bottle of wine and fruit basket was just too tough to pass up. :)

523$ ????!!!:D:eek: Wow! Believe me I would have booked it too for that price!!

Last time on the Pearl I had the fruit basket too and I thought it's very nice to arrive in your cabin and have a fruit basket or chocolate covered strawberries:-) It's often the little things that make the difference...and I LOVE the towel monkey :-))

Great you enjoyed Moderno - I thought it was delicious - and I use to go to Le Bistro whenever I'm on an NLC ship...

Have you been with RCCL also? Or any other Cruiseline?

523$ ????!!!:D:eek: Wow! Believe me I would have booked it too for that price!!

Last time on the Pearl I had the fruit basket too and I thought it's very nice to arrive in your cabin and have a fruit basket or chocolate covered strawberries:-) It's often the little things that make the difference...and I LOVE the towel monkey :-))

Great you enjoyed Moderno - I thought it was delicious - and I use to go to Le Bistro whenever I'm on an NLC ship...

Have you been with RCCL also? Or any other Cruiseline?

Yes the little things in life are the best :) I got that towel folding book for my niece and she loved it. Le Bistro I also really enjoy but, I find it's the one specialty place that takes 3+ hours every time and if dining alone will pass. I have yet to take a RCCL cruise yet. I have been on a CCL and an old line that is no longer in existence. Which has been your favorite cruise so far?

Yes the little things in life are the best :) I got that towel folding book for my niece and she loved it. Le Bistro I also really enjoy but, I find it's the one specialty place that takes 3+ hours every time and if dining alone will pass. I have yet to take a RCCL cruise yet. I have been on a CCL and an old line that is no longer in existence. Which has been your favorite cruise so far?

Yes, you're right - Le Bistro takes more time but I remember that on the Pearl it just took me 1,5 hours or so...I normally go there after a sea day ...

A towel folding book? Nice idea, really!:)

Concerning my favorite cruise that's very difficult to answer as I loved all of my cruises so far! I would divide them into cruises where you go for the ports and cruises that you are on just for the ship: So when it comes to the "just for the ship"-Cruises the Allure of the Seas is my very favorite Ship! She is enormously amazing! I was there this May and LOOOOVED it! You should really give that one a try someday...I can definitely recommend it - the ports by the way are kind of boring - but not so important in this case :-)

And when it comes to the "just for the ports" -cruises I enjoyed a cruise to the Blatic Sea (St. Petersburg in Russia was the right place for sightseeing) and I also liked the Southern Caribbean (Antigua, Barbados..) and as I said I have already booked that Alaska cruise and I guess that this is going to be my very favorite one! :)

...and I have already booked the NCL Getaway for 2015 and I guess I booked it just to experience the new ship - it will be fun I guess.

Have you got a favorite port? A favorite excursion in one of the ports? What do you like to do on sea day?

Have a great day!

Yes, you're right - Le Bistro takes more time but I remember that on the Pearl it just took me 1,5 hours or so...I normally go there after a sea day ...

A towel folding book? Nice idea, really!:)

Concerning my favorite cruise that's very difficult to answer as I loved all of my cruises so far! I would divide them into cruises where you go for the ports and cruises that you are on just for the ship: So when it comes to the "just for the ship"-Cruises the Allure of the Seas is my very favorite Ship! She is enormously amazing! I was there this May and LOOOOVED it! You should really give that one a try someday...I can definitely recommend it - the ports by the way are kind of boring - but not so important in this case :-)

And when it comes to the "just for the ports" -cruises I enjoyed a cruise to the Blatic Sea (St. Petersburg in Russia was the right place for sightseeing) and I also liked the Southern Caribbean (Antigua, Barbados..) and as I said I have already booked that Alaska cruise and I guess that this is going to be my very favorite one! :)

...and I have already booked the NCL Getaway for 2015 and I guess I booked it just to experience the new ship - it will be fun I guess.

Have you got a favorite port? A favorite excursion in one of the ports? What do you like to do on sea day?

Have a great day!

I do agree picking a favorite cruise would be tough since I have loved each one. My favorite excursion was in Costa Rica and went white water rafting. It was pretty amazing. Normally each cruise I really enjoy picking a port to go on a catamaran. Favorite port is to tough to pick. I would say my least favorite port in Nassau Bahamas. Just have been too many times I guess. Will give you my email if you want to email while I'm away. wizzledizzle (at) gmail (dot)com. Have a great day yourself!

Hi!

Great to hear from you!

I've never been on Carnival but I guess I'll give it a try someday....I've just cruised with NCL, RCCL and Princess. This year I was on the Allure and I Loved it. But I also like the small ships and Key West is one of the ports I really enjoy. Have you been on other cruise lines?

Have a great day!

I was on NCL once, the Pearl, I had a blast but i found the service and the food to be lacking. I felt it was better on Carnival. My friends had the same issue. I mean the pub crawl was awesome...and had some "interesting" fun that night. But it didnt seem to have the same nightlife as Carnival. Everyone seemed to go to bed early except for the night of the White Hot Party. When I cruise Carnival, there is usually a whole crowd of late night drinkers. Also i felt like the nickel and dime you for everything.

I know everyone has their own preferences. Just giving my opinion. I would like to try RC at some point.

You should try Carnival...its fun!

Jeff

I was on NCL once, the Pearl, I had a blast but i found the service and the food to be lacking. I felt it was better on Carnival. My friends had the same issue. I mean the pub crawl was awesome...and had some "interesting" fun that night. But it didnt seem to have the same nightlife as Carnival. Everyone seemed to go to bed early except for the night of the White Hot Party. When I cruise Carnival, there is usually a whole crowd of late night drinkers. Also i felt like the nickel and dime you for everything.

I know everyone has their own preferences. Just giving my opinion. I would like to try RC at some point.

You should try Carnival...its fun!

Which Carnival ship do you like most?Any recommendations?

I do agree picking a favorite cruise would be tough since I have loved each one. My favorite excursion was in Costa Rica and went white water rafting. It was pretty amazing. Normally each cruise I really enjoy picking a port to go on a catamaran. Favorite port is to tough to pick. I would say my least favorite port in Nassau Bahamas. Just have been too many times I guess. Will give you my email if you want to email while I'm away. wizzledizzle (at) gmail (dot)com. Have a great day yourself!

I don't like Nassau either...

thanks for the email address ...:);)

[

I loved the Carnival Liberty, its not too big, not a tiny ship, and has all the upgrades...they have Guy Fieri's burgers, which are addicting...plus...did plenty of partying on it.

the deck parties were fun.

I am probably going on it again August 1st

Jeff

[

I loved the Carnival Liberty, its not too big, not a tiny ship, and has all the upgrades...they have Guy Fieri's burgers, which are addicting...plus...did plenty of partying on it.

the deck parties were fun.

I am probably going on it again August 1st

Jeff

Thanks for the information, Jeff...

Hi,

my name is Melli (37) and I'm an absolute cruise lover, my favorite lines are NCL and RCCL and for the last four years I've cruised solo...so where are all the single men on the cruisecritic boards who like to chat with me a little bit about cruising and perhaps would like to find a woman who shares the love for the ocean and the ships!?

Hi Melli

Im off on the Oasis next month followed by the Epic. Both as a solo but once Ive started telling my friends I strangely have a whole host of people who apparently 'want to keep me company'. How did you find eating as a solo in any of the speciality restaurants? Do they put you on tables with others, eat alone or do u find someone on the cruise to share with?

K (48m, UK)

Hi Melli

Im off on the Oasis next month followed by the Epic. Both as a solo but once Ive started telling my friends I strangely have a whole host of people who apparently 'want to keep me company'. How did you find eating as a solo in any of the speciality restaurants? Do they put you on tables with others, eat alone or do u find someone on the cruise to share with?

K (48m, UK)

Hi!

Great to hear from someone from the UK! I'm in London very often! It's my very favorite city! Where are you from?

Oasis! Wow! I loved the Allure which is sistership to the Oasis! I would book it again in an instant!

Funny that in my case I also had many times when I wanted to cruise solo and friends or even colleagues booked the same cruise to keep me

company. :D

On the Epic I found it much easier to get in contact with other solo/single cruisers as they even had tables in the dining room where solos/singles could meet. On the Oasis they will have a meeting for singles every day I'm sure. I have to say that I often get to know people in the buffet restaurant as you sit next to many different people automatically and I always had a nice chat there...

Have a great day!

I love NCL too!

I will be a platinum latitudes member in April on the Jade!:) ..in summer I'll be on the Sun to Alaska and I've already booked the brandnew Getaway for 2015. Can't wait! There's a video of the Getaway leaving the dock in Papenburg for the first time only some days ago ....she looks amazing! Have you seen it?

No I haven't seen that video. In fact the Getaway/Breakaway don't really interest me right now. It's that dang St Maarten, St Thomas, Nassau itinerary that plagued the Epic for so long!

Hey!

I'm booked on the NCL Jade April 12? Anyone out there with me?

Or anyone on the Sun in August 2014?

I chose the Getaway in 2015 not for the itinerary but for the ship itself - I guess it will be amazing!

Has anyone of you been on the Breakaway already?

Have a great day!:)

Hi,

HI: I am leaving on Holland America's Ryndam out of Tampa, Florida on the 1st of December. Looking for a friend to share sights, dinners, etc. I have been on HAL ships since 1987 and always have a good time. I am 74 which might be too old for you, but don't judge a book by it's a cover.

Always nice to have someone to have intelligent discussions, and enjoy the shows. What does a 30 or 40 year old have to discuss what I have enjoyed thru my lifetime?

If interested, drop me a line on Cruise Critic, Boards or robertmnch underscore at 26 msn dot com! Also check FACEBOOK with a last name of a famous river in NY State!:confused:

HI: I am leaving on Holland America's Ryndam out of Tampa, Florida on the 1st of December. Looking for a friend to share sights, dinners, etc. I have been on HAL ships since 1987 and always have a good time. I am 74 which might be too old for you, but don't judge a book by it's a cover.

Always nice to have someone to have intelligent discussions, and enjoy the shows. What does a 30 or 40 year old have to discuss what I have enjoyed thru my lifetime?

If interested, drop me a line on Cruise Critic, Boards or robertmnch underscore at 26 msn dot com! Also check FACEBOOK with a last name of a famous river in NY State!:confused:

Hi Robert,

what a pleasure to hear from you! Yes, you are right - one never should judge a book by the cover. So I think it's great that you wrote back - as more than 1000 cruisers have just been reading this thread without writing back....

Well, I have never been on on one of the HAL ships. Have you got a favorite ship? And I really would be interested if you have already been on an Alaska cruise cause I'll be on one in summer and would like to hear about your cruise experience...

Have a great day, Robert!