What is the penalty for changing an Early Saver booking.

cloudninecat

We're looking into added a 6th person to our booking. Right now we have 2 rooms that are 2 and 3 person only rooms so we were looking at adding a 3rd room which would necessitate changing the 2 rooms we have now. Does anyone know what the penalty would be for switching things around?

We're looking into added a 6th person to our booking. Right now we have 2 rooms that are 2 and 3 person only rooms so we were looking at adding a 3rd room which would necessitate changing the 2 rooms we have now. Does anyone know what the penalty would be for switching things around?

Technically, as far as Carnival is concerned, you won't be "switching things around", you will be cancelling and re-booking. So the penalty depends on when your final payment is due. If you're before final payment, the penalty is $50 per person, and the rest of the deposit will be held in that person's name for a FUTURE cruise. Unless you get lucky (which has happened to others), you will have to pay a new deposit on each person you "switch". If you're after final payment, standard cancellation penalties apply (and the closer to sail date, the higher the penalty is).

You will pay the new fare.

Had the same thing happen.

If you have a good PVP like I do they can get the penalty waived since you are adding a room. Doesn't hurt to ask

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't have one. Not sure I want one since I doubt I'll be able to travel for awhile after this year. That's all I need, someone calling all the time reminding me how I can't take a cruise. :(

I agree, and have done this. With a good PVP, and an understanding Supv., with the number of rooms and people you have going, the fee may be waived. Depends on your PVP, if you have one, and the Supv., you get at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, and have done this. With a good PVP, and an understanding Supv., with the number of rooms and people you have going, the fee may be waived. Depends on your PVP, if you have one, and the Supv., you get at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got it worked out. The fee was waived and we were able to keep the old rates for the 2 cabins and just had to pay the current rate for the new room. It took awhile but we got all the cabins and people moved around. Now if I just can nab and extra FTTF for the new room we'll be all set.

Edited by cloudninecat