An Epic Med Review... from a NCL 'newbie'

xitappers2bx

I forgot to mention the insane amount of bathroom storage, considering the lack of an actual bathroom. The vanity had an assortment of drawers, which we never used. And there was ample space behind the mirror to hold everything you'd need, plus the shelves that hold the various towels.

IMG_5535_zps4dwr4vvj.jpg

The baskets that were attached to four doors

IMG_5536_zpslft4phjr.jpg

The other set

IMG_5537_zps9fzbe9tr.jpg

The storage next to the bed... the small shelves were great for holding cups of tea, my books, and my glasses.

IMG_5538_zpsqfxnd0pp.jpg

These next photos I just thought were a cool function. We (the Bug) can be late sleepers (I eat second breakfast with sleepy head) and something that happens often is, even with the sign on the door, stewards always knock. Only once when it was marked not to disturb did the assistant steward knock on the door. It was no big deal.

IMG_5539_zpsgyd9q1xf.jpg

IMG_5540_zpslgqithfb.jpg

IMG_5541_zps0pdei6po.jpg

IMG_5542_zpsfttueiaa.jpg

Alright, so I promise I have written reviews before... but we're going to go backwards again because it's my tale, and I said so.

Coming from the East Coast, and having not spent any time in the Rockies, the French and Italian Alps that we took the train through were by far the biggest I have ever seen in my life. The pictures aren't all that spectacular, but still it was amazing.

Mountains so high they kiss the clouds

IMG_5458_zpszv59o6ie.jpg

IMG_5460_zpsgnkcmcwu.jpg

The Turin train station... I am a super transportation nerd, ships, trains, planes, cars, (not buses... too car sick for them) and love it when there is a pretty terminal. The glass was probably not the best for Turn, it was so hot, and felt like an oven in there. Gare de Lyon was also beautiful, but we had no time for me to be a nerd about it.

IMG_5470_zpsqdwvzfyh.jpg

The view from our hotel in Rome

IMG_5486_zpsxedqxnk6.jpg

Trevi Fountain!

IMG_5490_zpspvqlsiey.jpg

And my yacht... although it seems to have left without me...

IMG_5519_zpsyuir3tw1.jpg

Wonderful review! We are thinking of going to Europe next year and normally we do land vacations when we travel there. Your post has me doing some research on Epic dates and pricing. Thanks for taking the time and sharing!

Wonderful review! We are thinking of going to Europe next year and normally we do land vacations when we travel there. Your post has me doing some research on Epic dates and pricing. Thanks for taking the time and sharing!

This is definitely a different way to see Europe. With flights as cheap as they are, and being able to pretty much find good deals throughout the year, it's only a bit more to fly to Europe than it is to fly from coast to coast, or even the Northeast to Florida or San Juan for a cruise. I was really hesitant about cruising in Europe, but it was a really great way to see a bunch of very different places. While I don't regret not getting off at any of the first four ports, I do think if we were to do it again next year I'd try to do one or two more things on land.

Do you happen to remember which day the laundry special was offered? I think it's usually on day four or five, but with the two different embarkation points, I'm not sure if that would be day four or five for us, or day four or five for the folks who got on in Barcelona. We're making an attempt to pack as light as humanly possible, so doing laundry on the ship will be essential.

Thanks!

Do you happen to remember which day the laundry special was offered? I think it's usually on day four or five, but with the two different embarkation points, I'm not sure if that would be day four or five for us, or day four or five for the folks who got on in Barcelona. We're making an attempt to pack as light as humanly possible, so doing laundry on the ship will be essential.

Thanks!

The only day we saw anything about a laundry special was when we embarked, so I think that would be day four for people that get on in Barcelona. I have the sheet, when we get home tomorrow I'll be able to really unpack everything and take photographs of all the 'stuff' and share that. It would have all the details.

This is definitely a different way to see Europe. With flights as cheap as they are, and being able to pretty much find good deals throughout the year, it's only a bit more to fly to Europe than it is to fly from coast to coast, or even the Northeast to Florida or San Juan for a cruise. I was really hesitant about cruising in Europe, but it was a really great way to see a bunch of very different places. While I don't regret not getting off at any of the first four ports, I do think if we were to do it again next year I'd try to do one or two more things on land.

So true. We recently booked our round-trip flights from Los Angeles to San Juan for our November cruise and I thought, "for this amount of money I can go to Europe." It was tempting to cancel our Southern Caribbean itinerary, but I had to remind myself that I was going to San Juan for more than just the beautiful islands of the Caribbean. We are visiting family in PR before we take our week vacation on NCL Dawn. Next year, I think we will definitely be going to Europe again. It's been 2 years and I'm missing the environment and the food. :) Looking forward to the rest of your review.

We just had an "interesting" trip home... left our hotel in Paris at 7am Friday (1am Eastern time) and then finally made it home at 2pm EST Saturday. I am working on organizing all of the things I'm going to post, and some more photos.

I also found the sheet of paper I took some notes on, so this little review of mine will fall back into a day-by-day order.

Harmony

I'm not planning a Med cruise, but I'm a newbie to NCL too so I thought I would take a look. You have me hooked! Fantastic review so far and I really appreciate the time you are taking to be so thorough.

• 1 month later...

Uh oh...what happened? I hope there is more to come. I am finding this fascinating! We'll be on the Epic next June for my daughter's graduation trip. I'd love to read more of your trip. You sound like a great resource of information!