Tipping for Victor or Rony tours?

crzycick

My inlaws are thinking about taking a tour with Victor or Rony, they would have 4 adults and are looking at primarily doing a tour of the island, cameo factory, chocolate shop, and other low key and free stops. Heavy on the driving. What would be considered a reasonable tip? Nobody has ever done anything like that to compare to.

It all depends on the hours of the tour, IMHO, I would say half day = $40-50 for 4 adults, and more if the guide does anything special. If it is a long tour, like all day, I would double that. I have seen some people give nothing and some people drop $100. It is a tip...but ....

The first time that we toured with a Victor Bodden driver, we were 4 adults altogether. We tipped him 60 or 80 (its been a while so hard to recall). He was so grateful that he cried. He was a sweet guy and father to 6. I used that as a guide going fwd. I tell my groups $5pp is a general suggestion for tipping in a group/bus tour at a port stop. Many will comment that isnt enough and give more, but I find that more people do tip with this as a guide. Most people that I have sailed with have to consider every penny they spend and this cruise is often the single vacation of thier lives.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

I agree with most of the other posts. We tip quite a bit. We have become friends with Rony and he is such a great guy. He cares so much about his neighborhood and the children there. We know he spends his own money on his soccer team. He is always so extremely grateful. We feel blessed to be able to help. I know some people have given him very little and others are very generous. He is honestly thankful to have cruisers booked to tour with him. He is an awesome guy and I highly recommend him.