Veendam NS cabin 008

English_in_Spain

We have finally got our cabin assignment for our Veendam cruise next week.

We booked a NS guarantee and have been given 008. I am pleased with the location but I have just read a review from last year that said cabin 008 is directly under the table tennis area and that it was noisy.

Does anyone have any experience of this cabin? Are those table tennis tables used a lot?

Carol, I haven't been in your cabin, but as to the table tennis - I have seen people playing during day and once in a while, there are even tournaments (formed by passengers and/or ship).

I haven't seen people playing in the evening on the cruises we have been on so I don't think it would affect your sleep.

I wouldn't have thought that the noise from this activity would have been that disruptive? Noise from the ball dropping on the floor?

Carol, I haven't been in your cabin, but as to the table tennis - I have seen people playing during day and once in a while, there are even tournaments (formed by passengers and/or ship).

I haven't seen people playing in the evening on the cruises we have been on so I don't think it would affect your sleep.

I wouldn't have thought that the noise from this activity would have been that disruptive? Noise from the ball dropping on the floor?

I was thinking more about people jumping about and general noise. We are hoping to have some quiet time in our cabin and on our balcony. We are both in need of a complete rest.

I was thinking more about people jumping about and general noise. We are hoping to have some quiet time in our cabin and on our balcony. We are both in need of a complete rest.

I went to check the review to better understand the issue.

Seems it was only the first night as the ping pong table had not been put up as it should have been. Once the occupants raised the issue, it did not happen again.

They didn't mention it bothering them during the day. I'm thinking that evening play may have been after passengers had imbibed in some alcohol and perhaps been more enthusiastic than normal? Just a guess. ;)

I don't play ping pong much but I do watch the players. Most don't do a lot of jumping. Ping pong doesn't require it generally speaking.

And, on some cruises the tables are rarely used. It really depends upon who is onboard ;). Generally speaking, IME, the table is used more on cooler weather cruises and much less on hotter weather cruises. But, again, that's just my experience.

I went to check the review to better understand the issue.

Seems it was only the first night as the ping pong table had not been put up as it should have been. Once the occupants raised the issue, it did not happen again.

They didn't mention it bothering them during the day. I'm thinking that evening play may have been after passengers had imbibed in some alcohol and perhaps been more enthusiastic than normal? Just a guess. ;)

I don't play ping pong much but I do watch the players. Most don't do a lot of jumping. Ping pong doesn't require it generally speaking.

And, on some cruises the tables are rarely used. It really depends upon who is onboard ;). Generally speaking, IME, the table is used more on cooler weather cruises and much less on hotter weather cruises. But, again, that's just my experience.

Thanks Jacqui

I hope you are right. Just so much has gone wrong with this trip I have become a bit twitchy.

Fingers crossed