Confused on Beach Options

nwcruisemamma

Hi,

I am so confused on beach options for Belize. I have all my other port days figured out but Belize. I have read mixed reviews on Goff's Caye (read that toilet waste goes straight into the ocean) Starfish Island (gets mixed reviews) not sure if Bannister Island is even open anymore.

Please help what would you pick? Or other beach suggestions.

We arrive in September via Carnival, family of four with a 9 and 10 year old.

Thanks!!!

I believe Bannister is now Starfish.

But why not do something different. Like cave tubing. Especially with 9 and 10 year olds.

There are several threads on this board about cave tubing and good vendors with prices lower than ship excursions and you may be able to just do cave tubing and return to ship.

On Goeff's Caye or Starfish, you're kinda stuck until the boat returns for pick up.

Starfish Island is indeed the same as Bannister (that was it's old name til they were bought out). I have a review of Bannister in my signature line from when we went.

Goffs Caye is a very small, but yet beautiful little primitive island. I personally loved it there. Snorkeling is great. I have a review of it as well with tons of pictures.

It depends what all you like to do though. Are you a beach lover? Like snorkeling?

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for some inspiration on what to do in Belize, too! From what I've read, there are no easy beach options, and I wouldn't mind having a day of doing cultural sightseeing (ruins). I'd prefer to book with a local company, rather than Carnival. If anyone has recommendations, they are welcome!

I'm looking for some inspiration on what to do in Belize, too! From what I've read, there are no easy beach options, and I wouldn't mind having a day of doing cultural sightseeing (ruins). I'd prefer to book with a local company, rather than Carnival. If anyone has recommendations, they are welcome!

rent a car and drive out to Altun Ha ruins. Not the biggest but about 45 minute from BC