Who can suggest a tour?

jcgld62

We will be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. We've been there several times and will not be looking for a beach/snorkel excursion.

Can someone suggest a reputable company that does full island tours?

We'd like to just see the island, history, stopping to explore, a little shopping, bars/restaurants, etc.

Do not need a private tour.

Didn't see anything through the ship that sounds like this.

Thanks for any recommendations and first hand experiences are appreciated.

We will be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. We've been there several times and will not be looking for a beach/snorkel excursion.

Can someone suggest a reputable company that does full island tours?

We'd like to just see the island, history, stopping to explore, a little shopping, bars/restaurants, etc.

Do not need a private tour.

Didn't see anything through the ship that sounds like this.

Thanks for any recommendations and first hand experiences are appreciated.

Can’t recommend group tour but I think I have seen one listed on island marketing or shore excursioneer sites previously. We have taken private trip several times with ToursPlaza and can highly recommend them. You can customize to visit the places you want. Try posting on you roll call and see if you can get another one or two couples to share?

Alternatively Cozumel Bar Hop is a good, first-time round the island trip at a good price for one or two. It is well-run and will give you an overview of the island and main town but doesn’t stop for shopping or history.

Edited by c-leg5

Thanks c-leg. Unfortunately there is not a role call for this cruise. Even the other page is very quiet with only a few members. I checked out ToursPlaza and I think we may use them. I've requested information. I'd really like a tour guide that will make suggestions of places to see, after all they know the island better than I do. Do their guides speak good english? We know zero Spanish. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Thanks c-leg. Unfortunately there is not a role call for this cruise. Even the other page is very quiet with only a few members. I checked out ToursPlaza and I think we may use them. I've requested information. I'd really like a tour guide that will make suggestions of places to see, after all they know the island better than I do. Do their guides speak good english? We know zero Spanish. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Yes Eduardo is the administrator and is very efficient and proficient at answering any questions you have. Tell him I say “Hi”!

We have toured numerous times with different drivers and different sized groups. The website has suggestions of places to visit and before you set off they will show you a map and go over the type of things you want to do. We have been many times and I always have a list of places but they will make suggestions if you let them know what you do AND do not want to do. Voice any concerns you have to Eduardo regarding a guide. Gerry, is the owner, and who we have been with many times but they have a pool of drivers who can speak good English.

Eduardo was prompt in responding to my email and I have reserved a tour. It will just be me and my friend. We are pretty low key, but hopefully the guide will show us a good time. I was pleasantly surprised that the private tour was within our price range, they usually run above what our budget is. Looking forward to it.