Where to lock bikes near Horseshoe Bay?

Dsil432

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a place to lock bicycles (pedal bikes, not motor bikes) near Horseshoe Bay Beach? We are planning on renting bikes and riding down the rail trail, eventually finding our way to the beach.

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure as I haven't been there yet this year, but the schematics and photos I've seen don't appear to show any pedal bike parking racks...but something like that is so small and easily placed almost anywhere that it's not inconceivable there's a spot for them.

I'm not sure I find the idea of biking to Horseshoe Bay to be very appealing anyway, given the heavy car, truck and motor bike traffic on the very narrow roads in the area

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a place to lock bicycles (pedal bikes, not motor bikes) near Horseshoe Bay Beach? We are planning on renting bikes and riding down the rail trail, eventually finding our way to the beach.

Thanks!

I have never noticed any bike racks or any pedal bikes there at all. Pedal biking to Horseshoe would be problematic so no demand for pedal bike racks. There are no bike lanes or trail. So anyone pedal biking to there would be rare.

Just curious, why do you believe it would be problematic? I've biked on streets in major cities across the world as well as islands in the Caribbean. My plan is to primarily ride the rail trail and then branch off on local roads for a short distance to get to the beach. I understand roads are narrow. If I am comfortable biking in the streets of San Francisco, New York City, or Washington DC would Bermuda be more challenging than that?

Take a look at the road in this photo. No shoulders, no room to spare, curvy, walls on both sides, zero room for a bicycle if cars are coming from both directions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bermuda+roads&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPzeWcwu7VAhUIziYKHVCgAhcQ7AkIWw&biw=1280&bih=894#imgrc=bukXPp02tVpQuM:

I'd prefer riding a bike in NY City any day over Bermuda....and to boot you'll have a steep hill to walk your bike on to get to and from the beach from the road.

I don't recall seeing bike racks at horseshoe bay but there is dedicated moped parking so you should be able to find a place to leave the bikes. There is a very steep hill to get to the beach parking lot so I wouldn't take a bike down there. And since you have mentioned the accursed bike/ moped on the Bermuda board. I have personally ridden a bike in Bermuda and recommend it as long as you are able to pay attention to your surroundings. Yes the roads are tight with no shoulders but pay attention and stay to the left and you should be fine. In June I was in Bermuda riding the bus. There were two guys riding bikes on a very busy winding road. Traffic simply slowed down until it was safe to pass. Enjoy your trip and your ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums