PDF deck plans to scale?

dlm0920

Good evening!

I received a tip that I should reference the PDF version of the deck plans when picking a cabin. The thought was that on the PDF version, all the decks are laid side by side so you can view what is directly above and below any potential cabin.

Is this true? When I look at the Magic, the elevators don't appear to be properly aligned on the various decks so I don't know how this would be possible. I thought some of you might have experience with this! Thanks :)

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/MC/DeckPlans/carnival-magic-Deck-Plan-pdf.ashx

If you use this link, it will be for the Magic and you can click and hold to move a deck over the other. You will see that they are sightly off, but close enough to figure what is above or below a certain cabin.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Carnival-Magic&zoom=1

This is the one I use all the time. Really like the way it's laid out. I just line up the elevators..

I also use cruisedeckplans all the time. It's a very easy and helpful site. When you are looking at the deck your cabin is on, scroll down to the bottom and it will have notes about certain cabins that could have issues such as noise or other problems.

Thank you! No, I have never used that site. Are you specifically talking about the 'Cabin check tool'? Is that more reliable than the Carnival link I posted? The 2 sites have very different results.

Yes, you can use the Cabin Check Tool to “view what is directly below and above any potential cabin”, as you have originally posted. The website is one of the widely used reference in checking cruise ship cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums