Cortrans or rental car...PC to MCO

momof4girls

Our flight doesn't leave until 4:30, so I'm wondering if it's even worth it to rent a car after getting off the ship? With Cortrans, I see that the last shuttle to MCO leaves at 10:30. Will we be off the ship by then? I've never sailed from PC, but when I last sailed from Jacksonville, we barely were off the ship by that time. I'm worried the shuttle will leave without us.

Also, is it possible to have a very cheap car rental if you don't rent it ahead of time. Like if you only need it for a couple hours? I'm new to this kind of thing. Always rented a car for a few days or more.

TIA!

What are your plans for that day? If you are OK waiting at the airport for 5-6 hours then Cortrans is a great option. You will most probably be at the airport before 9am unless you linger on the ship.

If you plan to explore a bit then a one-way car rental is convenient because you have storage for your luggage! Otherwise you have to use a luggage storage company near MCO and choices are slim. You can also book a after-cruise excursion which will take care of luggage,

You will find a list and map of Canaveral rental car companies here: http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/car-rental/

What are your plans for that day? If you are OK waiting at the airport for 5-6 hours then Cortrans is a great option. You will most probably be at the airport before 9am unless you linger on the ship.

If you plan to explore a bit then a one-way car rental is convenient because you have storage for your luggage! Otherwise you have to use a luggage storage company near MCO and choices are slim. You can also book a after-cruise excursion which will take care of luggage,

You will find a list and map of Canaveral rental car companies here: http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/car-rental/

We don't currently have any plans. If we take the last Cortrans shuttle at 10:30, we'd probably be at the airport around 11:30 I would guess? I'm just afraid we'll be super bored just sitting there. But, I've flown out of MCO one time and the security lines were TERRIBLE.

I'm guessing that if we have a 4:05 flight (I thought it was 4:30 but now see it is actually 4:05) we should be at the airport no later than 2pm, correct? Maybe we should just schedule ourselves on the 10:30 shuttle and linger on the ship longer...

Rent a car - you will likely be off the ship by about 9:00 - and go where you want for the day. Have a fun lunch, beach, shopping, etc. and then drop the car off at MCO about 2:30.

Sitting at any airport for 5+ hours before your flight is not an attractive option to me.