Question for Galveston Natives re MG parades

robtx100

Hello all, we are coming in on February 10th for a pre-cruise night in Galveston. We are staying in a hotel at 2300 Seawall. We should arrive around 4PM after picking up two friends from upstate NY at Hobby. I see the Momus parade starts at 6:30pm. The four of us want to meet some friends at Nick's for dinner at 7ish. We are planning to walk from the hotel to Nick's (1.1 Mile / 22 minutes...according to Google). My question is, will we be landlocked and not able to leave the hotel until after the parade, or is there a way to somehow cross and walk up the seawall? I've been to New Orleans parades before and everything is barricaded off so you can't cross the street.

The Momus parade starts at 6:30 PM at 23rd and Seawall, going west to 25th Street then north on 25th to downtown. The line up begins several hours before.

Yes, you will be impacted as Seawall, in those two blocks and around 25th, will be packed with people.

You are permitted to cross the street, but be mindful of the crowds and crowd control by the police. You also may have an issue getting to the hotel as streets will be blocked in the staging area.