Steakhouse Reservations

AURPh1991

Now I will Preface this with saying, "everyone has different tastes..."

But with that being said, I am an old Army guy, and can and will eat anything that doesn't eat me first... and even then it better be awful tough, or it will still wind up as my dinner.

But I would NOT pay for that again. The best part was the steak, I got the Porter House. It was a great cut, and cooked to perfection. Well seasoned? and fork tender. What else can you ask for? However, My wife's Filet, tough, over cooked, and very dry. When she asked for a redo, the Chef actually came out and argued with her.

Teh Chefs compliments were awful, the bread was bad (Stale).... The only other good part was dessert, and it was only good, not great. Truthfully, it was on Par with everything else on the ship, I wouldn't pay extra for it.

This experience was on the Valor, in April of last year. It might be better now, but I will never know.

I would suggest everyone try it I guess, maybe it was just an off night for them?

As to your question it took about a week for them to send me back confirmation on it. also, you can call them and they can look it up.

For our Valor SH Reservation it took approx 1 1/2 weeks.

It will not show up on your cruise documents though.

You will have a confirmation reminder placed under your door the morning of. Actually, it will be there in the morning when you wake up.

Those nifty little Carnival elves deliver in secretly while you sleep.:p

There have been times I've never received a confirmation.

I double checked with the Steakhouse lady in the atrium once I boarded and they did have my reservation.

This time I received a confirmation the same evening.

Now I will Preface this with saying, "everyone has different tastes..."

But with that being said, I am an old Army guy, and can and will eat anything that doesn't eat me first... and even then it better be awful tough, or it will still wind up as my dinner.

But I would NOT pay for that again. The best part was the steak, I got the Porter House. It was a great cut, and cooked to perfection. Well seasoned? and fork tender. What else can you ask for? However, My wife's Filet, tough, over cooked, and very dry. When she asked for a redo, the Chef actually came out and argued with her.

Teh Chefs compliments were awful, the bread was bad (Stale).... The only other good part was dessert, and it was only good, not great. Truthfully, it was on Par with everything else on the ship, I wouldn't pay extra for it.

This experience was on the Valor, in April of last year. It might be better now, but I will never know.

I would suggest everyone try it I guess, maybe it was just an off night for them?

As to your question it took about a week for them to send me back confirmation on it. also, you can call them and they can look it up.

You must have had a bad night.. they do happen.. we have been 6 or 7 times to the steakhouse and I am a filet gal.. and I have never had an issue with a med rare steak put on my plate.. and my hubby is a porterhouse guy and he has never had an issue either... I think the steak itself is worth the 30pp... I could careless about the rest :p

To answer the OP... give it a week .. if you haven't heard back resend.. and if you still don't get a response... see the steakhouse table as soon as you board to confirm... they are right there in the lobby area;)

I made reservations for the steakhouse on the Conquest 2 nights ago. How long does it take for Carnival to respond to the request? Do they email you or does it show up on your account on carnival dot com?

Thanks

We received confirmation from Carnival via email 72 hours after on-line reservation made. Got a reminder card in our stateroom day before reservation.

First time we opted for paying for food on a cruise (above what's included in the fare) and was well worth it. Found the food to be exceptional (I had a ribeye with 'special' seasoning cooked perfectly, wife had surf and turf. Meat was especially tender and I'm very particular when we're talking steak). Only 'negative' is the portions are huge and hate to see the waste (salad was a half head of lettuce apiece). Dessert was over the top as well (real cheesecake not that stuff they serve in the dining room and a wonderful carmelized apple tart).

Enjoy. We did. Word of warning, if they ask if you want still or sparkling, ask for regular or tap. Turns out the charged by almost 5 dollars for bottled water (bar charge plus tip of course).

Also, remember it's customary to provide a tip as they don't share in the daily tip charged to your account.

I made reservations for the steakhouse on the Conquest 2 nights ago. How long does it take for Carnival to respond to the request? Do they email you or does it show up on your account on carnival dot com?

Thanks

I have made reservations three different times. Once I got a response, the other two nothing, but when I got on the ship it was there. Just go check with them when you get on board (there will be a table set up somewhere) and they can verify.

Getting steakhouse reservations or even walking in is usually not a problem at all.

If I'm not mistaken, the $30 surcharge says it includes gratuity. Certainly nothing wrong with leaving extra for a fine evening. :D

The gratuity is included, BUT, the service is usually over the top, so an extra tip is really appreciated…. The first night, we did receive a bottle of wine with our meal at no charge. I have heard (on cruise critic) that someone did receive only a glass of wine with dinner the first night. I certainly will be checking that out on our next cruise and post and let everyone know….:rolleyes:

Archived