Emerald Waterways Cruise Line

miss prairie girl

Our TA has sent us an invite to an upcoming travel presentation sponsored by Emerald Waterways Cruise Line. We are specifically interested in cruising European rivers. Does anyone have any observations or experience with this cruise line? I am asking from a Canadian (North American) perspective.

Go to the section specifically for river cruises. There is some (but not a lot of) info there. I have a colleague that cruised with them and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Rhine with Emerald a couple of years ago and were very happy. We are experienced river cruisers (#14 coming up) and book for itinerary, then date - then price. We would travel with Emerald again if the details worked out.

Fran

I’m Canadian as well and have booked Emerald for 2019. Amsterdam to Budapest on recommendation from very well travelled TA. I’ve researched Emerald to the extreme and am very comfortable with the choice based on reviews etc. Price couldn’t be beat and we loved the fact that all tips were included

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our TA has sent us an invite to an upcoming travel presentation sponsored by Emerald Waterways Cruise Line. We are specifically interested in cruising European rivers. Does anyone have any observations or experience with this cruise line? I am asking from a Canadian (North American) perspective.

We're from BC & returned on May 1 from a 19 day Vietnam/Cambodia/Mekong River Cruise by Emerald Waterways, albeit was subcontracted out to Exo Travel. Very good accommodations, ports, excursions & various modes of transportation used to get to the various venues for the excursions. Great services & well taken care of. If this is any indication of how Emerald Waterways will be in Europe, we'll be very happy with our Rhine River cruise with Emerald this August.

We did 2 Avalon cruises in 2016 on the Danube & Seine and enjoyed them both. From the pictures that I've seen on the internet & brochures for Emerald, it appears that they looked a bit modern (with the mirrors etc. upon entry to the ship) than the 2 Avalon ships (more conservative, which I prefer), that we were on. I'll report accordingly when we return in September.

Enjoy.

I’ve just finished a Douro cruise with Emerald and had also travelled the Douro with Uniworld six years ago. I’ve been a fan of Uniworld for some time and have cruised often with them.

I thought that Emerald was certainly equal to Uniworld in quality in almost every respect and the equivalent Uniworld cruise this month was several thousand dollars more expensive. The only significant difference I could see is that bar drinks are included on Uniworld. However Emerald was very generous with beer and wine at lunch and dinner (and drinks were on the house in the lounge one evening).

I thought that Uniworld was superior in the quality of its excursions and two optional paid Emerald excursions were included with Uniworld (this was before the days of the all-inclusive Uniworld cruises).

The passengers were largely British, Canadian and Australia. Americans may have been from 10 to 15 % of the complement.

I was favourably impressed with Emerald and would certainly sail with them again, especially as Uniworld seems to be getting more expensive and cutting down on perks for return customers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums