Quantum vs Oasis

dinkydee718

I will skip the whole story because it has long past, but suffice it to say that, several years ago, my family and I went on one disastrous RCI cruise on-board the Quantum of the Seas. Most RCI loyalists that I know have told me that our cruise was a complete RCI anomaly and that, knowing me, they think I would love one of the Oasis class ships. Just so you know what I am dealing with...RCI gave us $1500 towards a new cruise and, at that time, my dh said the only way he would go on another RCI cruise would be if they paid him to do it (lol). That credit has long since expired. Recently, I found an Oasis of the Seas cruise that coincides with my kids' spring break and we can get a 2-bedroom suite for a great price.

To my question....can anyone who has been on a Quantum class ship and Oasis class ship tell me why Oasis is better/different (if you think it is). I want to be armed with info so I can try to convince my dh to give RCI another chance on a different ship!

Thanks!

We have been on both..... On the Oasis we kept the same waiters and felt there was More shows / entertainment. The Quantum does have some modern areas to hang out and a bigger cabin.

We would chose the Oasis or her sister ship first.

I've been on Anthem of the Seas, as well as Oasis and Allure. Anthem was neat in a new age, "techie" kind of way. It's hard to describe. The promenade isn't very big like it is on most other ships. We did enjoy the bumper cars and iFly, so it wasn't a miserable cruise.

But my family and I love the way that Oasis is laid out. So much room, so much to do, it has a great vibe. You don't know you are with 6000 other passengers until you disembark. Each of the neighborhoods brings something different to the cruise experience.

It probably all depends on whether the disaster was ship dependent or something else.

It was both...Check-in took almost three hours, Cabin wasn't ready until after dinner, Lost my luggage, Huge screw-up by RCI rep who booked our cabins, Broken, extremely loud virtual balcony in my daughters’ cabin that took two days for them to come repair, despite numerous phone calls and promises that it would be fixed ASAP, sent my bank account into overdraft despite my having given them a credit card to use in place of my debit prior to boarding, Water running out in cabin several times so sinks didn’t work, toilets wouldn’t flush..., the most outrageous lines I have ever been on (except maybe at Disney), seating us an hour after our reservation time without so much as an apology, and other things too but I don’t feel like writing anymore, lol.

Recently sailed Anthem, while it was a good cruise,we still have a strong preference for Oasis class. We've sailed Oasis, Allure and Harmony a total of 6 times and we are on Symphony in 1 week, and oasis AGAIN in January.

We like the layout and flow of the Oasis sisters, along with a strong preference for the shows, music and entertainment.

We sail Oasis class when we need a getaway, and don't care about the itinerary. Next week, is a western Med cruise very port intensive, but I know we'll enjoy the new ship.Central park is the most awesome space.

Good luck,

Barb

It was both...Check-in took almost three hours, Cabin wasn't ready until after dinner, Lost my luggage, Huge screw-up by RCI rep who booked our cabins, Broken, extremely loud virtual balcony in my daughters’ cabin that took two days for them to come repair, despite numerous phone calls and promises that it would be fixed ASAP, sent my bank account into overdraft despite my having given them a credit card to use in place of my debit prior to boarding, Water running out in cabin several times so sinks didn’t work, toilets wouldn’t flush..., the most outrageous lines I have ever been on (except maybe at Disney), seating us an hour after our reservation time without so much as an apology, and other things too but I don’t feel like writing anymore, lol.
Well f that sounds awful. Though sounds way more like years worth of bad luck than ship specific stuff. Been on 5 royal cruises and the worst I could say is someone in our group had their shower backup, but I got a future cruise credit that I used for a problem that didn't honestly effect me.

I'd probably argue that it was less royal is awful as a cruise line and more you just hit everything that could have gone bad.

That said, I'm about to go on my second oasis cruise and haven't done a quantum class yet - though that's 99.8% because no quantum has come to Florida yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk