Does the Wind Spirit arrive at its ports in Tahiti on time?

Seraya

Hi! I am a cruise newbie and have a question that might be silly to many of you. :o

When Windstar says arrival at 6 a.m. in Moorea, what kind of delay window should I allow it? One hour? 30 minutes? 10 minutes? I am asking because I'm planning to go diving on an upcoming cruise and I hope to book independently with smaller dive operators instead of through Windstar as an excursion. Most dive operators can pick up from the dock where the tender drops me off, but obviously I have to be there on time.

I understand it's a boat and many factors affect the "punctuality" of its arrival into ports, but in general, have you experienced much delay?

And, if Windstar says "arrival at 6 a.m.," by what time will I be able to leave the ship?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

We were on the first Tahiti cruise last year and as I recall we always were on time into ports. The tenders started up about 8 am, we had to meet an excursion at 9 and there was more than ample time. I have cruised 16 times with WS including 3 crossings 2 Atlantic and 1 Pacific and I can never recall being late. Tahiti was a great cruise, have fun. Susanne

The only time our Windstar ship was late into port was on the repositioning cruise from Panama to Bermuda. We were a day and a half late due to exceptionally high seas the entire trip.

We must have been on the same cruise as you

Last June we cruised the Tahitian islands with Windstar. We were on time to all ports (smooth sailing) other than the return to Papette where we were about 70 minutes late. Rough seas delayed our arrival.