red velvet cake!

Red Velvet Cake!!!!!!! Does anybody know if it´s served also on the Oasis? In Chops Grill also? I´m 2 weeks in october on the Oasis and this is the desert I wanna see....:D

I totally mad about Red Velvet Cake even I´m from Germany. I baked Red Velvet Cupcakes last week, they were very yummy and tasty but not really red.....

Here is the link to the menu page for the Viking Crown lounge. Sorry about the menu uploading so small.

http://c3270052.r52.cf0.rackcdn.com/Viking-Crown-Lounge-Dining-Menu.jpg

You will notice that there is an extra charge for these menu items.

:rolleyes:

Thank you so much for this information I had no idea they served food in that lounge! Prices dont seem too awful bad

Red Velvet Cake!!!!!!! Does anybody know if it´s served also on the Oasis? In Chops Grill also? I´m 2 weeks in october on the Oasis and this is the desert I wanna see....:D

I totally mad about Red Velvet Cake even I´m from Germany. I baked Red Velvet Cupcakes last week, they were very yummy and tasty but not really red.....

I too have come to love Red Velvet cake... primarily due to having it in Chops onboard ship. I now make it at home...even better than Chops.

Do not know if t yuou have have Dunkin Hines cake mix in Germany... but DH makes a great red velvet cake mix. I use this as the cake and then make my own cream cheese icing for the top and sides of the cake and make chocolate icing to layer in between the layers with the CReam cheese icing. This will be even better than Chops..........I am mad about Chops RV cake too by the way!

I too have come to love Red Velvet cake... primarily due to having it in Chops onboard ship. I now make it at home...even better than Chops.

Do not know if t yuou have have Dunkin Hines cake mix in Germany... but DH makes a great red velvet cake mix. I use this as the cake and then make my own cream cheese icing for the top and sides of the cake and make chocolate icing to layer in between the layers with the CReam cheese icing. This will be even better than Chops..........I am mad about Chops RV cake too by the way!

thank you for your post, I just googled, there is Dunkin Hines cake mix even in Germany, I have to order it in special US-product Shops. But mostly they have high shipping costs and so I have to buy some more items....I will see, perhaps I order grape soda and Reeses....:D

But I looking forward to have such a beautiful, yummy, delicous looking piece of cake on a beautiful ship.

Just remembering, in the Cupcake Cupboard on the Freedom, they have red velvet cupcakes....mhhh....

Thanks so much sounds nice to be able to sit in the Viking Crown Lounge and have something to eat, hope the one on the Splendour has plenty of seats as it was difficult to get a seat on the Grandeur's last year!

BTW when do they serve these items until?

thank you for your post, I just googled, there is Dunkin Hines cake mix even in Germany, I have to order it in special US-product Shops. But mostly they have high shipping costs and so I have to buy some more items....I will see, perhaps I order grape soda and Reeses....:D

But I looking forward to have such a beautiful, yummy, delicous looking piece of cake on a beautiful ship.

Just remembering, in the Cupcake Cupboard on the Freedom, they have red velvet cupcakes....mhhh....

Oh yes me too.

We are bound for a b2b on Oasis Sept 29 2012.....47 days and counting!!

That cake has renewed my love for Chops!!!!

No, I have a friend who doesn't care for it. I'm not a cake lover (prefer pie or cookies if I eat sweets at all) but I do like carrot cake and red velvet cake.

Ha, I don't nromally care for carrot cake either. Hmm, both carrot cake and red velvet cake are typically frosted with cream chees frosting. I don't care for cream cheese frosting. Maybe it is not the cake?

LOL. Apparently I may be the only person in the world who finds red velvet cake bland and unappealing.

I am with you on this one. Add dry to the mix.

However, I am going on Allure in September and will be dining at Chops the first night, and given the overwhelming number of people here who find red velvet cake awesome, I will give it another shot. I am a cake lover but maybe I am missing something.

I am with you on this one. Add dry to the mix.

However, I am going on Allure in September and will be dining at Chops the first night, and given the overwhelming number of people here who find red velvet cake awesome, I will give it another shot. I am a cake lover but maybe I am missing something.

I know what you mean. With all the gushing, I keep wondering what is wrong with me -- and I have to admit it looks good. And I am told DW makes a great one. But every time I try it, I just don't get it. I agree with you I find it bland, unappealing and dry. If I was blindfolded, and tasted red velvet next to an ordinary chocolate cake. I suspect the only way I could tell them apart is that the red velvet has less chocolate and is drier.

Archived