Thrift Car Rental - Port Everglades

martyap

Would like to rent a car after our cruise because our flight is not until 5pm. Thrifty has a good price and the Miami Rd. location seems fairly close to the Port......a short taxi/uber ride.

Our plans are to head up to Delray Beach for the craft fair on April 9th, have lunch and head back to FLL. Has anyone rented from Thrifty at that location? My other choice was Budget at the Quay shops but their reviews have been so-so.

Should I add on the option for tolls? Not sure if we will hit tolls between the Port>Delray>FLL? Seems they add on hefty surcharge if you don't add it on.

Thanks!

Would like to rent a car after our cruise because our flight is not until 5pm. Thrifty has a good price and the Miami Rd. location seems fairly close to the Port......a short taxi/uber ride.

Our plans are to head up to Delray Beach for the craft fair on April 9th, have lunch and head back to FLL. Has anyone rented from Thrifty at that location? My other choice was Budget at the Quay shops but their reviews have been so-so.

Should I add on the option for tolls? Not sure if we will hit tolls between the Port>Delray>FLL? Seems they add on hefty surcharge if you don't add it on.

Thanks!

As long as you stay out of the express lanes on I95, you should not need to use tolls. Just take I95 north to delray.

Thanks!

No need to taxi/Uber to the Thrifty rental location...they offer a free shuttle and since their location is just outside the Port gate they make quick frequent drive thru's to pick up their rental customers....We've used Thrifty several times...a good choice based on prices at time of need. We've also used Budget on 17th Street but for post cruise needs I would go with Thrifty.

Thanks for the help. Sometimes these shuttles make the rounds of several cruise ships before heading back to the rental office. Could we grab a taxi even though the office is so close to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You could grab a taxi however minimum fare is $10.00 even if the meter is less. And from the port to Thrifty will it will be less. So you are looking at $10.00 plus tip as opposed to waiting a bit for the shuttle. Guess it depends on how valuable you figure your time is.

Thanks for the help. If you were to go by the reviews on Yelp, neither Budget or Thrifty near the port would be a good choice.....long wait for the shuttle, long lines for the rental. We will take our chance and either try for the shuttle or grab a cab. Cost for the rental was half the price of picking up at FLL even with the FLL return.