"Free Drinks in the Grill Suites" -- Oh, My

njguy_south

Very interesting comments. I'm slightly confused. I booked via a travel agency on the 6th January 2016 a cruise on Queen Victoria departing Southampton on the 12th December 2016 in a Queens Grill cabin (Q4). This will be my second cruise with Cunard and my first in this standard of cabin. When I booked this cruise the travel agent did not say anything about free drinks or free gratuities. The only thing she said was that there is a bar in the cabin that gets re-stocked, however, she couldn't tell me what the bar contained. This cruise was part of the upgrade offer so does anybody know if I will receive free drinks and free gratuities? I have looked on the Cunard website but I cannot find anything about this.

Any help would be grateful.

Jen

Very interesting comments. I'm slightly confused. I booked via a travel agency on the 6th January 2016 a cruise on Queen Victoria departing Southampton on the 12th December 2016 in a Queens Grill cabin (Q4). This will be my second cruise with Cunard and my first in this standard of cabin. When I booked this cruise the travel agent did not say anything about free drinks or free gratuities. The only thing she said was that there is a bar in the cabin that gets re-stocked, however, she couldn't tell me what the bar contained. This cruise was part of the upgrade offer so does anybody know if I will receive free drinks and free gratuities? I have looked on the Cunard website but I cannot find anything about this.

Any help would be grateful.

Jen

Jen ... follow this link, find your cruise, and look at the brown box next to your cruise. (bottom of page??)

You should see: "Receive free stateroom upgrades† and free gratuities‡. Plus, Grill Suites guests receive complimentary drinks††.

View all benefits"

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/results/?d=1612

Good luck.:)

Edited by AZNative2000

Thanks AZNative2000. I found my cruise but it just states book this cruise and receive a free upgrade, it doesn't say anything about free drinks and gratuities. I've even gone through to the point of making the booking, but still nothing. It looks like this offer doesn't apply to this cruise :(

Thanks again for your reply.

Jen

I think this promotion is for US bookings only, Cunard UK is offering the category upgrade but not the free drinks in the Grills.

Hattie you are correct. I have just found my cruise on the Cunard USA website offering free grats and free drinks as well as cabin upgrades!

For example Q5 grade is listed as £2999 in UK but is $4798 (equiv of £3365) in USA, therefore USA customers are paying £366 each extra for one week's cruise.

So taking off $91 (£64) for grats leaves £300 each per week 'charge' for drinks. They would have to have a 'skinfull' to use that amount on booze ha! ha!

I don't know why Cunard has to differentiate prices between countries, this can lead to ill feeling and is surely unnecessary.