Formal Night Casualness

cruiseyguy

On my upcoming long Seabourn cruise I may not want to participate in every formal night but, instead, may want to lounge on an upper deck in my shorts and T-shirt and sip a drink, watching the ocean go by, followed by dinner in my room. Is this considered OK (I know the staff won't take me back to my room in handcuffs)? Or will the formal dressers be offended by my casualness in a public, albeit out-of-the way, area?

cruiseyguy~~~~I think that would be just fine! And no, "no guests would be offended." Dinner in one's suite is a very special treat! Course by course, served by a sweet waiter.......with your requested wines. You might even consider going to the 5th deck jacuzzi with a drink, then have dinner in your suite.

Many Sailor's choose an alternate place to dine on formal nights.

Have fun!

MB

To sum up, it is possible, on a formal night, to have a drink (or two) at the Sky Bar in shorts, T-shirt and sandals and have dinner delivered there by room service. If this is correct (and I really hope it is) then I see no reason why anyone could complain about formal nights for those who wish to participate.

On my upcoming long Seabourn cruise I may not want to participate in every formal night but, instead, may want to lounge on an upper deck in my shorts and T-shirt and sip a drink, watching the ocean go by, followed by dinner in my room. Is this considered OK (I know the staff won't take me back to my room in handcuffs)? Or will the formal dressers be offended by my casualness in a public, albeit out-of-the way, area?

Cruiseguy,

if you travelled on a Silversea Ship you can have your own Veranda,drink as much as you want (even fall over) have your dinner served course by course in your suite,wear what you want without the embarassment of upsetting people and lowering the tone on formal night

John

cruiseyguy~~~another suggestion would be to visit with the Hotel M.G. or the Matire 'D upon your arrival and let them give you a few ideas.

I've always dressed and dined in the dining room on formal evenings so I'm not familiar with the "dress" up in the Veranda Restaurant on formal nights.

Other's on our board might post suggestions.

MB

Cruiseyguy,

On our 26 day we did choose a couple of times not to participate and had a wonderful course by course dinnerwith wine in our room. Another fun thing to do is to go to the forward hot tub (isolated) and have a night cap there too. They will bring you your drink of choice while you are relaxing and enjoying the evening. Darn, I wish I could be back on Seabourn right now!!!!

cruiseyguy~~~well, never say never....you will no doubt have so many fun and interesting invitations by Officer's, Staff and Guest's for the formal evenings, this might be a mute discussion! Seriously, in your 28 days, you will make so many good friends that dining alone may not look so appealing!

Seabourn will change your life!

Happy Trails~~~

Martita

It was so nice that we could dine with new found friends that we looked forward to the dinning experience each night. Between invitations to dine at officer's, staff and other guest's tables along with making spontaneous arrangements to dine with newfound friend we had a grand time at each nights dinner. One night we did try having dinner in our room as this had been recommended on the board and that was most enjoyable. The service was outstanding. And, one night Leanne from the Sebourn Pride recommended that we have dinner in the Veranda Cafe since the head chef had brought back some wonderul fish from port that day which was another outstanding experience. And, the formal nights were always extra special between the wonderful passengers and service and everyone dressed in their formal attire along with the flowers and lit candles. We enjoyed every evening no matter what the venue was. Way to go Seabourn!!!

Keith

Keith~~~I don't believe that I've told you what a HUGE impression you and "Missy K" made while you were on the Pride......I've had Guests, Officer's and Staff relate to me that you two were the hits on the South American sailing the first of this year. Isn't it fun and refreshing to board a ship and be included in all the activities and dining experiences THE 1st DAY?

Only on the Seabourn Sister's!

Martita B.

Martha, thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. You are absolutely correct. As soon as we boarded the ship we were welcomed by guests, officer's and staff alike with welcome arms and we essentially felt a part of the Seabourn family from the moment we boarded the ship.

Keith

Lord of the Seas, in a Seabourn balcony suite you have the option of cocktails with the French door open, and you get to sit on a comfortable couch/chair--then you don't have to move when you enjoy your dinner served by the waiter in your suite.

If you don't want to go formal on those nights, you can dine in the Veranda in "casual elegant" wear--jacket, but no tie required. Always that way on formal nights downstairs.

bgood

Lord of the Seas, in a Seabourn balcony suite you have the option of cocktails with the French door open, and you get to sit on a comfortable couch/chair--then you don't have to move when you enjoy your dinner served by the waiter in your suite.

If you don't want to go formal on those nights, you can dine in the Veranda in "casual elegant" wear--jacket, but no tie required. Always that way on formal nights downstairs.

bgood

bgood,

I hear you,but there is no substitute for a real veranda and it's so nice to lay outside with a glass or two and not to have to worry about anyone else.

I presume that the doors open into the suite?

How far outside can you go?

John

John~~~Seabourn ships do indeed have real balconies! Suites # 1,2,3,& 4 have

wrap-a-around balconies with a table and chairs where you can enjoy a glass or two, if this is what you prefer. These suites are quite large, as well.

Martita B.

John~~~Seabourn ships do indeed have real balconies! Suites # 1,2,3,& 4 have

wrap-a-around balconies with a table and chairs where you can enjoy a glass or two, if this is what you prefer. These suites are quite large, as well.

Martita B.

Martita,

Many thanks,these are what we shall book.After many great cruises with a veranda it would be hard to go without

john

Archived