Thoughts on Chef's Table?

Hi all,

Did a search, but didn't see much other than people asking for menus.

Have you done the Chef's Table? Is it worth it? Hubby and I are sailing on the Paradise at the end of June and are considering it. (We wish they had a steakhouse, but oh well.)

Also, I am a vegetarian, so just another thing for us to factor in.

Thanks!

I’m not a vegetarian but I don’t eat seafood and I thought it was still worth it. They just substituted the fish with meat options of the same dish. Not sure what they do with vegetarians

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did it and it was a nice experience. However, I can say my husband and I aren't foodies, and not very adventurous with food so it wasn't exactly our cup of tea the whole time. If you tell them you're allergic to seafood or won't eat it, they'll sub it for another protein. Everything is very small portions/bite size like in a fine dining restaurant. Overall it was nice, but we wouldn't do it again. We'd rather go to the steakhouse and order what we like.

My wife and I did the Chef's Table on Carnival Triumph in January. I had wanted to try a fancy meal like that ever since I heard about it a few years ago. I'm by no means a foodie, but it was a great experience. I got to try some fancy food and some foods that I had never eaten before. Most every dish was very good but there were a couple I didn't like. The tour of the galley was very interesting. There was even a magician that did some magic tricks at the table!

I just looked at the menu. There are only about 3 dishes that aren't meat based including the appetizers in the reception. I'm not sure how strict your diet is, but even the tomato bisque had sweet cream in it. Hopefully they'll be able and willing to work with you.

If you decide to do it, my advice is to pace yourself. I'm not a big eater and I was absolutely stuffed at the end. You don't have to clean your plate for every dish!