What is the best beach in Aruba?

dolphfan

Not true, both are next to each other on the leeward side of the island. Unless there is a storm offshore bringing in some swells, it’s usually calm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know that you stay at Divi and you are familiar with Eagle Beach, but I am speaking from my personal experience that we had quite a few rough days on Eagle during the two weeks that I was there, just two weeks ago.

Palm beach...back two months ago. They charge way tooo much for chairs/unbrellas. Our group of 6 got a large umbrella and 6 chairs $150! We had a section out into the water and it was soooo crowded. We chose over eagle beach (not crowded) because they are nicer to cruise passengers. Ha!! Will go back to eagle next time. Yes we took public bus..super easy

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking to do water sports (jet ski or wave runner) Which beach would be better? Also, how much is a cab to the beach from the port?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We rented jet ski’s at Eagle Beach, it was $65 per 1/2hr or $85 for two people on one (we opted for two jet ski’s). They let us run around for about an hour before they chased us down with a speed boat. We ran full throttle with boundaries about two miles wide, it was a blast. Taxi is a fixed rate and no more than five people, probably under $20 each way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Palm beach...back two months ago. They charge way tooo much for chairs/unbrellas. Our group of 6 got a large umbrella and 6 chairs $150! We had a section out into the water and it was soooo crowded. We chose over eagle beach (not crowded) because they are nicer to cruise passengers. Ha!! Will go back to eagle next time. Yes we took public bus..super easy

Were they charged an unusually high rate or is this the norm for Palm Beach? Seems outrageous to me.

At that price we would expect them to be very nice :).

Hank