Booking events upon boarding (Royal Caribbean)

paulweller84

Hi all,

We'll be going on our first cruise in April 2019, on Oasis of the Seas. From what I've read it seems that we will be given a Cruise Compass upon boarding, and if you want to reserve a seat at a show / event, you need to call/speak to guest services to register. Is this correct? I mean, the on board theatre has way fewer seats than the number of passengers on the ship, so I assume these are at a premium. This would mean making all reservations in one go, right at the start of the cruise? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

We'll be going on our first cruise in April 2019, on Oasis of the Seas. From what I've read it seems that we will be given a Cruise Compass upon boarding, and if you want to reserve a seat at a show / event, you need to call/speak to guest services to register. Is this correct? I mean, the on board theatre has way fewer seats than the number of passengers on the ship, so I assume these are at a premium. This would mean making all reservations in one go, right at the start of the cruise? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Reservation will open 60 -90 days before your cruise. Keep checking your cruise planner around that time and make all reservations as soon as they open. Waiting until you board will make it difficult to get the shows and times you want. Even with reservations get to the shows 15 minutes early as they let all those without reservations in 10 minutes before show time. Book the Aqua show early in the week as that show is routinely cancelled for bad weather. FYI.. we booked all our shows for our upcoming Symphony cruise Friday, which was 72 days before our sailing, and went back in this morning to change the day for the comedy show and the day we wanted to change to has been removed as it is full.

Let me add being this is your first cruise and you seem to be going during spring break. Absolutely avoid Windjammer for embarkation day lunch, go to Central Park Cafe for a much less crowded experience. If you find Park Cafe seating full take your food across to Vintage or Giovanni's and eat outside in the shade. Also breakfast is no charge at Johnny Rockets on your ship up until 10:30am. And if it is spring break, make all your reservations for shows the day they open. happy cruising

We leave on 21st April for 14 nights. Spring break should be done by then.

You picked a great ship for a transatlantic. Oasis class has become our favorite ships for transatlantics. Added bonus is ship will sail with 2000+ fewer kids. If you have not booked your air yet be sure to check out Royals Air2Sea, they have some of the best oneway fares. Happy cruising