1st cruise to Cozumel. what to do single mom and 9 year old boy!

ftjbyb

My son and I are doing our first cruise to Cozumel. we are going on the carnival paradise and I see lots of excursions but I was wondering if anyone can suggest a excursion or place where we can just relax at the beach or pool for the day? My son is in swimming lessons but he cannot swim so maybe a nice kid area if they have them?

Playa Mia has a kiddie water park and nice beach - some cruise lines offer it as an excursion or you can do it on your own. Lots of different packages for food/drinks - check their web site

Paradise Beach is a large, popular beach club - $3 admission/chair rental fee, great facilities, lockers, HUGE pool, and nice beach plus good food, drinks and service (No AI packages -- pay as you go).

Check their web sites and reviews on this board and tip advisor. Taxi to either will be about $17 each way for up to 4 in the cab -- pair up with others from your roll call to save $$

• 4 weeks later...

My boys are 11 and 14. Last year we went to Paradise Beach and they loved it! They stayed in the pool the whole day. It was 4 ft in the deepest section. They have lounge chairs in the shallow section of pool so I was able to stay there all day right with them.

They have very good food. We ordered a platter of chicken fingers and fries which all four of us ate off of.

I did pack a water ball and water frizbee. It kept them busy in the pool and they played with other kids.

I've read Paradise Beach is owned and operated by an American. I felt very safe there. I never felt pressured to purchase anything but we did order food and drinks.

Another vote for Paradise Beach. The pool alone! One of the most beautiful I’ve seen. Gorgeous grounds and nice beach area with lots of activities for kiddos. Our 8 year old son had a blast. You just can’t beat the price. Felt very safe and friendly service. We also loved the nachos 😉