Odd Email From Cunard

ToadOfToadHall

Last night Mrs Toad received an email that purported to be from Cunard (i.e. it wasn't their Cunard email address, and Chrome warned against following the link. The email address and the survey point to a market research company).

It was entitled "Thank you for booking a Cunard Voyage" and started with her full name. It then went on "At Cunard, we regularly carry out research to help us better understand what our guests want from their holidays, so that we can continue to provide you with excellent offers and experiences."

I followed the link anyway to see what happened. And nothing much, all the questions seemed genuine and it never asked for any personal data.

But the thing is she hasn't booked anything. Now, in a few weeks I shall be having a significant birthday so my first thought was that she had actually booked it as a surprise. But Mrs Toad assures me that is not the case.

So I can only assume that they have just fired out a bulk email to anyone on their database that has in the past booked/been on a Cunard cruise.

Has anyone else has such an email ?

Had one earlier this week, we have a short cruise booked in November. Got excited this morning, the tours and info booklet arrived this morning. We are on a guarantee basis, sadly nothing assigned yet, in 2016 it was assigned only 6 weeks before sailing.

Any chance that Mrs T has actually booked a surprise trip and is cursing Cunard for nearly letting the cat out of the bag? :)

That was my first thought. But I have asked and I've been assured that she's not. Plus it's the only email, there's not been any of the normal booking ones.