Beautiful beaches around Falmouth?

Guym20

I'll be going on the Harmony of the Seas and stopping at Falmouth this September.

I'm trying to find a nice beach that will be close to Falmouth and will be easy to get to using a taxi (do you recommend doing that)?

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you

Silver Sands looks awesome but I don't see any chairs or anything on the beach. What am I missing?

Also, What do you think about Blue Waters?

At Silver Sands, there are lounge chairs (free), a beach bar and grill for snacks, lifeguard, shower, change rooms, bathrooms. You are not missing anything. It's a quiet beach for the private villa community there. No crowds, no vendors.

Blue Waters is closer to Falmouth. There is an entry fee there too. Blue Waters has all the facilities you may need for a day at the beach too. It's a day beach and venue business. Most likely lots of other cruise ship passengers will be there.

Have you been to both? Which one would you recommend?

We're looking for something with less kids, beautiful beach, lounges, drinks and food

Sounds like both have that? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Have you been to both? Which one would you recommend?

We're looking for something with less kids, beautiful beach, lounges, drinks and food

Sounds like both have that? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Yes, I have been to both. I first visited Silver Sands in the mid-1980s. I subsequently bought a villa there.

Blue Waters is a "reclaimed" beach, only opened a few years ago after a massive cleanup of the foreshore and the swimming area. They did a great job - I saw it before and after. I have not been back to Blue Waters for a couple of years, so I can't really tell you exactly what it is like now. Maybe someone else can tell you more about Blue Waters.

In September, tourism is at its lowest in Jamaica. So Silver Sands will be dead quiet, unless there is some event taking place that I don't know about (which is unlikely).

I hesitate to make a recommendation without knowing your tastes. Blue Waters caters to day trippers. Silver Sands caters to guests who come to stay for a few days or weeks. So the feeling is completely different. I hope I have been helpful.

• 4 weeks later...