Alaska 5/15/15 wrong pier in cruise docs

Norcal Cruiser

Doing the doc dance today but noticed that Celebrity has the Infinity docking at pier 35 when the Port of San Francisco has it docking at pier 27.I am local so not a big deal to us but heads up to anyone coming from afar. Pier 27 is the new cruise ship pier in San Francisco.I don't think Celebrity has updated their data base since the new terminal opened. :)I could be wrong but Celebrity needs to address this.

That was the first thing I noticed when looking at my e-docs. Good old Celebrity! One of these days Miami will get their act together. Not holding my breath, however. ;)

I already knew we would be embarking at the new pier after looking at the Port of S.F. web site. I never trust that info from Celebrity - even when leaving out of Port Everglades or Miami!

Hopefully everyone will find their way to the right pier. We will be the only cruise ship sailing on the 15th, so we should "stand out"!

I to am a bay area resident. I really don't think that there will be any problem as the two piers are only 1250 feet apart as I checked with google earth and measured to distance. This is probably the first cruise for celebrity since the new pier was built. We where also doing to doc dance today it was the first thing the wife noticed. She writes policy and procedure manuals for a bank and can find just about any mistake no matter how small.:rolleyes:

They did that to us once on a cruise out of San Francisco several years ago, but it was not a problem because those cruise ships are so large that you can't miss them and the road runs right along the waterfront.

As we approached the pier where our ship was supposed to be, it was obviously not there but instead easily spotted at another pier further down the road, so our driver just continued on.

It was very easy to find even for those of us who don't live there. :D

Edited by varoo