Sindhu Bar and small plates

Rhubarbed

Hello, I'm heading off on the Ventura in May and want to try out Sindhu. I've heard (but can't find details) that the Sindhu bar is open to non-diners and also serves taster plates. Is this true and does anyone have any information on this?

Also, hello if you're on the 25th May cruise on Ventura!

Hello, I'm heading off on the Ventura in May and want to try out Sindhu. I've heard (but can't find details) that the Sindhu bar is open to non-diners and also serves taster plates. Is this true and does anyone have any information on this?

Also, hello if you're on the 25th May cruise on Ventura!

Have been to Sindu many times on Azura,Aurora and Britannia and you can use the bar when the Restaurant is open just for a drink if you want. They serve light lunch called " Nashta" which are small tasters. Well worth a visit ....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have been to Sindu many times on Azura,Aurora and Britannia and you can use the bar when the Restaurant is open just for a drink if you want. They serve light lunch called " Nashta" which are small tasters. Well worth a visit ....

Have they started to do that on a regular basis when we were on it was only certain days. On Ventura it was not on and they had a lunch menu instead. Quite restricted but very good. Only certain sea days.

I would love them to do the Nashta more often.

Have they started to do that on a regular basis when we were on it was only certain days. On Ventura it was not on and they had a lunch menu instead. Quite restricted but very good. Only certain sea days.

I would love them to do the Nashta more often.

Dai, what's a Nashta .. never been in there at lunchtime .. sounds interesting.

Bal

Dai, what's a Nashta .. never been in there at lunchtime .. sounds interesting.

Bal

It’s like Indian tapas, small plates. We had them on Azura but they did not do them on Ventura when we were there. I suppose it was like the glasshouse but Indian. Very good. The Indian lunch was excellent on Ventura. But they did not do it very often.

• 2 weeks later...

Was on Ventura last week and have been on the ship five times previously over the past few years.

The Sindhu does not do "nashta" as has been suggested on other ships. They do the occasional lunch which costs £8. On the last 12 day cruise, they had this for only one day. I have never seen anyone popping into Sindhu (on Ventura) to hang out at the bar.

The evening meal is good value especially if you take the early bird offer (£20) which includes a bottle of wine.

I enjoyed the meal at Sindhu but if it is just the Indian food you are after then there are two Indian buffet nights at the Waterside which I thought were really good. Of course you don't get the fancy service but at same time it doesn't cost anything.

I think P&O is missing a boost in revenue by not offering Nashta more regularly. During the day, Sindhu often tends to be empty/unmanned, whilst The Glasshouse is teeming. I think many passengers - myself particularly - would love to alternate between Sindhu and The Glasshouse for lunch.