Jade - British Isles - September 20th - Ring Of Kerry Excursion

onionsband

I've noticed you CAN'T do a Ring Of Kerry shore excursion from Cork (Cobh), because it's too long... However, there is a company which offers an eight-hour tour from the Cobh dock, featuring a partial Ring Of Kerry private tour, which would adapt to the Norwegian Jade's schedule. We are recruiting two couples to share the expenses. Will supply details as requested.

Frankly I wouldn't bother with a day trip. Simply not enough time and tour- the "worse" way to go. But, have you posted on your roll call? Probably the only place you will get any interest? Cobh actually an interesting port with the Immigration/Titanic Museum walkable. A car rental would be better used for the Blarney Stone, or Jameson Distillery as example, not the Ring of Kerry. Have you been there before?

I'd be wary of trying to get to the ring of Kerry and back as some of the roads are prone to roadworks particularly come September when the major rush of tourists has passed. I'm from county Clare and prefer to avoid going to Cork when possible as the main road between Cork and Limerick is notoriously bad for roadworks and the roads around Cork city are notorious for accidents and closures at the worst possible times. If anything like that happens the minors roads will fill up with traffic trying to avoid the delays.

At best getting to the ring and back is over 2 hours each way, so add an hour to give yourself a cushion to get back to the ship and you're looking at a minimum of 5 to 6 hours of an excursion. Having seen some local videos from cobh when the tour buses are picking up cruise ship passengers I suspect you'll be doing well to be out of cobh within 30 minutes of getting off the ship.

I've noticed you CAN'T do a Ring Of Kerry shore excursion from Cork (Cobh), because it's too long... However, there is a company which offers an eight-hour tour from the Cobh dock, featuring a partial Ring Of Kerry private tour, which would adapt to the Norwegian Jade's schedule. We are recruiting two couples to share the expenses. Will supply details as requested.

You need to post your request in your Roll Call.

Go to Roll Call section of cc, choose your cruise line, choose your ship, look for your cruise, post there.