Regal wifi in aft suites

afkpar

We were on Royal last year in an aft suite. The wifi was awful. Couldn't even get to my emails. And we prepaid for a package...grr

Has anyone had the same issue in an aft suite on Regal. We sail 2/12/17 and debating about bring laptop.

tx

We were on Royal last year in an aft suite. The wifi was awful. Couldn't even get to my emails. And we prepaid for a package...grr

Has anyone had the same issue in an aft suite on Regal. We sail 2/12/17 and debating about bring laptop.

tx

Sometimes the signal isn't optimal in certain cabins. We had that problem on one of our cruises for which I don't recall the ship. I have a friend who had a similar issue on X. His problem was solved by cracking the balcony slider open. It is really about where the wi-fi equipment is located and what is in between. I would suggest that you bring your device with you as you may want to use it ashore or in the ship's public spaces. We have been on the Royal multiple times and can attest that their wi-fi does work. It is highly unlikely that you will experience the problem in a different cabin. I do hope you reported the problem to the on board IT person.

Princess cabin doors are metal and well-insulated. Try cracking the door open to get a signal.

Also, if you're using an iPhone or iPad, use Chrome rather than Safari. Don't know why but I've found that Chrome stays connected to the WiFi better than Safari.