Discounts for future cruises while on current cruise?

Hello cruisers! We're taking our first cruise on Royal Caribbean next month, and I was wondering if they have the discount offers where while you're on a current cruise, you can purchase a future cruise at a lower rate? I realize there's probably even a name for it, but we're newbies with RCI and cruising novices in general. I was just reading an article about Symphony of the Seas and I think our teenager would absolutely love that ship - I'm thinking a 3 night Bahamas cruise sometime next year could be a fun opportunity to try out the 10 story slide, ziplining, etc. for our little adrenaline junkie. Any tips/suggestions for getting a good deal would be greatly appreciated! (Also if it's not realistic to expect a deal because it's a brand new ship, please feel free to tell me so). Thanks!!

Hello cruisers! We're taking our first cruise on Royal Caribbean next month, and I was wondering if they have the discount offers where while you're on a current cruise, you can purchase a future cruise at a lower rate? I realize there's probably even a name for it, but we're newbies with RCI and cruising novices in general. I was just reading an article about Symphony of the Seas and I think our teenager would absolutely love that ship - I'm thinking a 3 night Bahamas cruise sometime next year could be a fun opportunity to try out the 10 story slide, ziplining, etc. for our little adrenaline junkie. Any tips/suggestions for getting a good deal would be greatly appreciated! (Also if it's not realistic to expect a deal because it's a brand new ship, please feel free to tell me so). Thanks!!

You will likely not find a 3 day on an oasis class (Symphony is Oasis class), they historically only do 7 days.

You will likely not find a 3 day on an oasis class (Symphony is Oasis class), they historically only do 7 days.

Symphony has 2 3 day cruises next year 5/25 and 8/31

Harmony has 2 5/6 and 5/9- these are out of Port Canaveral Not too bad a drive for the OP

Symphony has 2 3 day cruises next year 5/25 and 8/31

Harmony has 2 5/6 and 5/9- these are out of Port Canaveral Not too bad a drive for the OP

Ooh, you're right - Port Canaveral is an easy drive from Savannah :)

Thanks everyone for the information - I think the Oasis class ships would be a fun, quick getaway for us. I'll check out our options when we sail next month!

Capriciousc. Harmony would be a great ship to try with Children. Might find a better price than Symphony since it has been around a few years by then.

Just a heads up about the Harmony; it does not have an adults only pool if you are looking for that.

We live in Savannah and cruise several times a year from PC and it is definitely an easy drive. No overnight required.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Capriciousc. Harmony would be a great ship to try with Children. Might find a better price than Symphony since it has been around a few years by then.

Just a heads up about the Harmony; it does not have an adults only pool if you are looking for that.

We live in Savannah and cruise several times a year from PC and it is definitely an easy drive. No overnight required.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks seabreeze! We don't care much about an adults only pool (for now, we probably will care quite a bit more in a few years when the kiddo is an adult as well :) ) Good point about Harmony probably being a better price due to it having been in service a few years.