Celebrity Millennium - first time help!

Kuri-RS

I've recently booked a 7-night Alaska cruise on board the Celebrity Millennium (August 2018), but after trawling/lurking through some of the boards here I'm getting a bit of a mixed bag, with people who both claim to love hate the line/ship - is there anyone who can perhaps shed a bit more light on this ship?

I've picked her primarily for the itinerary (our honeymoon cruise way back was Alaska) and I've sailed celebrity before - but only on the Equinox, and then ages ago on the Med and Baltic routes when she was relatively new.

Any info on what the line/ship is like in the years since is much appreciated!

(only realized after booking that she was due a full refit in time for late 2019, darn!)

Ship is in great shape. It is almost 20 years old and very small compared to today's mega ships. Very few children, and a lot of older seasoned travelers. All the bells and whistles of the bigger ships have never been added. Might check out Ovation coming to Alaska next year.

Kuri, we did an Alaska cruise on this ship last summer. We loved the ship! In particular, we liked the many opportunities to hear live music, and we loved the high quality art all over the ship. Food was good, and we liked the evening entertainment.

I did a detailed review of our cruise. You can click the link in my signature below. I would definitely recommend the ship!

Hi all, and thanks for the replies so far! They're very reassuring! (also, thanks to 6rugrats, I'll post there in future - but any way to move this thread there?)

It was specifically because of some of the more 'shocking' reviews here that I was finally compelled to sign up and post about the second thoughts that were starting to come up... Although it sounds like most of it is just hyperbolic?