Cruising with Carnival - Margaritaville

teacher2cruiser

We will be in Cozumel March 16, on the Carnival Dream.

How much will a taxi be to Margaritaville?

I will be traveling with my mother, celebrating her 80th birthday. We don't have an excursion planned, and I thought she'd enjoy the table side made guacamole.

I'm open to other similar suggestions, if anyone has any,

Thanks.

Margaritaville is at Puerto Maya - right where the Carnival ships put in. You don't even have to go out to the street - walk off the ship, walk down the pier, and walk into the joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NO! Margaritaville moved to International pier.i think Fat Tuesday and Three Amigos(?) are at Puerta Maya.

Not far to walk, (5mins?) depending on mobility but if you take a taxi probably minimum fare, $8?

You are correct - my bad. Should have known b/c we've done the America's Cup 12 meter race a couple of times and their office is very near M'ville on the International Pier. Sorry about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problem! I don’t understand why they moved it but we were there last month and saw it.

Does anyone have another suggestion for an event for my eighty year old mother and me?

I thought she'd enjoy the guacamole tableside. She's not much of a shopper, and we've been to Cozumel a few years ago.

I think you still have access to Margaritaville even though it is at the other pier, if that is what you want?

Not sure how mobile or active your Mum is but we really enjoyed Josefina’s hands on cooking class in a local’s house, but it does involve walking to the market and back. Another cooking class that gets good reviews (we haven’t tried it but it’s is in one place) is Kondesa, or many people recommend the one at Playa Mia.

When I took my Mum, (nearly 90) to Cozumel we enjoyed a private 3 hour tour round the island with Gerry from ToursPlaza. He is very patient and helpful and will make suggestions of where to go and you can go at your own pace. He will pick you up at the port and return you so you have door to door transport.